UK handmade bike show in london 11th to the 13th april

Afraid I haven't been able to find a way of getting there without bankrupting myself so it'll be another year I don't make it :(

Have fun and take a few pics for me please ;)

Re:

oh that sucks pete, i'll get plenty of pics but Gus should be there and he's a master with the camera so i'm sure he'll a pic or 2 aswel

Thanks for posting this. Wasn't aware this show was on, and even better it's in my hometown! Will definitely head down on Saturday.

Re:

Spent a very enjoyable afternoon at the Bespoked show in London.

I did not take any pictures on the day as quite frankly my photography skills are awful and you will find plenty on the net. Hopefully Augustus will do a little report with pictures here in the near future?

My own take on the show: The venue was excellent. This was the first opportunity I have had to visit the Velodrome and Olympic park, it is well worth a trip. The building is stunning outside and the track really added to the occasion. Groups were having taster sessions during the day so you had the spectacle of speeding bikes flying round you. The show itself was well laid out with stands around the top levels with the bulk of the display on the infield. There were builders with just a few frames under their belt, builders who have been in the business many many years and everything in between. Bikes built from Bamboo, Carbon, Titanium and Steel in all manner of styles. There were many I would have quite happily taken home with me. Bikes I wanted to just have a go on were a Bamboo road bike and the Pink Baum road bike which just looked so fast! The penny farthing on the Beards and Tatts stand was great and the guys were a laugh. Nice bit of fillet brazing on their own display frame. Chatted with Chas Roberts who had a very nice display. A lovely metallic blue 953 frame caught my eye there. Cliff from Royce was on good form. The Portland contingent included Strawberry cycles, Eric Estlund from Winter Bikes is great - he had a beautifully understated dark green road frame with gold box lining. A combination of lug and fillet work, all perfectly detailed with immaculate shore lines on the lugs. Erik also took home the best track bike award. Another highlight was chatting with Chris Iglehart, well known for his work at Fat City Cycles and those lovely forks. Some nice work by Donhou, Shand, Feather and many others. I wandered around from 2 oclock until around seven and still managed to miss a couple of things. Tucked away upstairs was a track frame by Nagasawa. It was flawless. A couple of Cherubim bikes were alongside.
Bumped into Johnnyboy and Makster while I was there. As always in that neck of the woods there was some good people watching and a few 'characters' around. Regardless of whether next year is in Bristol or London. If you are interested in bikes this show is well worth a visit.

Back