Ugly or not...

perry":1gwqpo34 said:
not a massive star trek ( better name perhaps :roll: ) fan or much of a star gazer ( 2nd better name ) so im not into the first but i saw the frame only of the yellow one a couple of days ago and like it both on its own and as a bike

with all the slabs of carbon and the inherent short lifespan of these bikes im glad to see a bit of flair and thought put into making them look nice . makes a change to all the go faster stripes they usually use

I think its unfair to say they have a short lifespan,I know a few people who still race 10+ year old OCLV's both MTB and road(and they have a lifetime warranty that Trek actually honour!).
Oh and I like em,didn't like the Madone I had though.

i mean at that level of racing you wont be seeing stuff a few years old . with the progression of the new technology im sure trek is already making one slightly better than the two here

interesting how the artist hadnt taken into account the illusion of the wheel rotating backwards at speed , those flashy things painted on the wheels will be going backwards

Not sure perry the TTX looks the same as it did donkeys ago, when you see what specialized/cervelo/kuota/look etc have done the TTX looks positively ancient.

Hmm..........the more I'm lookin', I have to say I'm veering towards the Mr L G Fromage camp............they're using quite a soft aesthetic, wet oil paint and textile/embroidery effects. And as perry says, it's better than go faster stripes.

Though I once had an idea for a terracotta kitchen in a Gaudi type stylee........and am the sort of person who finds weird clothing in sales and wonders why nobody else wanted it it, when its just the Cut of my Jib..........serr wahdoo ah knerr, eh?? :p

Anyway, its all good- if Lance wins, with no doubts as to chemical assistance, he'll rightly be hailed for his achievement and taste.

If he stuffs it up, he'll look a right old Chimp.

Either outcome will cause me pleasure.............. :twisted:

Lysander":1hhe47ri said:
Though I once had an idea for a terracotta kitchen in a Gaudi type stylee........and am the sort of person who finds weird clothing in sales and wonders why nobody else wanted it it, when its just the Cut of my Jib..........serr wahdoo ah knerr, eh?? :p

I once had an idea for a Gaudi garden table and stool from a cable drum :roll: :? I don't drink so much these days though

Cable drum furniture is Da Baws........if ye can find a newish one in good nick, they're pretty bloody well built!! :p

mtbfix":8ce5aw3s said:
I like the paint job on the drop bar bike but injection moulding is no way to make a frame and rim IMO.

True, but then these aren't injection moulded, surely they are carbon composite ? I've never seen an injection moulded bike frame (other than toy bikes).

Injection moulding is the process by which items are manufactured from thermoplastics. The raw material takes the form of granules which are melted in the barrel of the injection moulding machine and subsequently injected at high pressure into a (usually steel) mould from which, after a short cooling time, they are ejected as the two halves of the mould separate.
Although these thermoplastics can be glass fibre reinforced, talc. filled etc this isn't the way that bike frames are made - it's the way that anything from Airfix models to plastic dustbins to computer monitor cases are produced.....

perry":21b1f5xv said:
i mean at that level of racing you wont be seeing stuff a few years old . with the progression of the new technology im sure trek is already making one slightly better than the two here

interesting how the artist hadnt taken into account the illusion of the wheel rotating backwards at speed , those flashy things painted on the wheels will be going backwards

True :D

Back