For Sale Two rebuilds NOW SOLD

Hi Daren66

I want both to go together , it would be a shame to split them. The Fred Baker is as good a frame as the Mercian , I've bee trying to find out who made the frame, I know Stan Pike made frames for him but couldn't confirm if its one of his.
I don't doubt that the FB is as good a frame, I'd love to take them both but as I said, space is the issue and my wife already thinks I have more bikes than I can use :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Umm, finding it difficult to walk away from this one...
Build photo's would be appreciated, then hopefully I can make a decision?

It's clear your insistence on selling this lovely pair together is limiting replies. I'd strongly recommend allowing them to go their separate ways. I understand (I think) your emotional attachment to them but obviously this doesn't chime with prospective new owners. GLWS.

chickendrumstick, thanks for the advice, you're right I have a lot of emotional attachment to these , I build these up over a number of years, tried to buy the best and most original parts, made lots of friends finding bits and have some good memories from the build. I had someone contact me and offer £400 for the pair , I asked them to go to Halfords and see what bike they could buy for £200. It's hard letting go isn't it.

Hi Ken, I live in Cottingham. My wife and I always have a table at our local bike jumble, put on by Pete Dunn. The next one is in October, which will come very quickly - tempus fugit! Can I suggest, if you are able, to put your two lovely bikes and all your bits for sale there - much most possibility of realizing decent prices, and they are really enjoyable events anyway. We would be able to help you sort things out if needed. Let me know. Cheers, John.

Hi Ken, I live in Cottingham. My wife and I always have a table at our local bike jumble, put on by Pete Dunn. The next one is in October, which will come very quickly - tempus fugit! Can I suggest, if you are able, to put your two lovely bikes and all your bits for sale there - much most possibility of realizing decent prices, and they are really enjoyable events anyway. We would be able to help you sort things out if needed. Let me know. Cheers, John.
Likewise, Ken, I was shocked to hear about your ill health & having to give up your hobby of many years!
If you need a hand with anything mate you know where am, take care buddy!

Likewise, Ken, I was shocked to hear about your ill health & having to give up your hobby of many years!
If you need a hand with anything mate you know where am, take care buddy!
Hi, thanks for the kind words, I really can't get to grips with bikes now, I used to go in the garage hoping I'd get bitten by the bug again but couldn't summon up the enthusiasm. I do have a bike I ride to work and two years ago built a Condor Heritage touring bike for my 60th but have only ridden it once to Marina, I may end up keeping the Mercian and Fred Baker as no one seems interested in them. Thanks again and you never know I might see you out riding one day.

Back