Twin Tube Claud Butler Built Saxon

Re:

A quick update on the Claud Butler built Saxon Twin Tube...

After a discussion with some of my VCC colleagues regarding the frame number H 553 1425 it is very likely that this frame set was built by Bill Hurlow who was one of the most recognised frame builders of the time.

The bike is still in immaculate condition and only comes out in good weather. I rode it to the Wallingford Festival of Cycling in July 2019 and was exhibited on the VCC Display Stand. It generated a lot of positive interest from young and old and I had many offers to sell. This one is however a keeper!

Regards,
Nick

Re:

A quick update on the Claud Butler built Saxon Twin Tube...

After a discussion with some of my VCC colleagues regarding the frame number H 553 1425 it is very likely that this frame set was built by Bill Hurlow who was one of the most recognised frame builders of the time.

The bike is still in immaculate condition and only comes out in good weather. I rode it to the Wallingford Festival of Cycling in July 2019 and was exhibited on the VCC Display Stand. It generated a lot of positive interest from young and old and I had many offers to sell. This one is however a keeper!

Regards,
Nick
Built by WBH? In 1955 he was at Condor and although he was not averse to doing a bit on the side I doubt it would have been for CB. 1955 was a busy year for him at Condor as that was the first year of WBH designed Condors. Some of his Holdsworth frames featured an H to distinguish his builds from Bill? Howe. Nice looking bike.

Back