Tushingham's

Re:

I dunno if this helps, seeing as my bike isn't a proper Tushingham, but I took some (crap) photos of my bike's components when it arrived:

Dunno why it was so dark!

The U brake was the only part that didn't keep to the silver colour scheme. I never took a photo of the front brakes, but they were encased in silver plastic. Well.. more like a titanium silver, thanks to degradation.

I got some slightly less knackered replacements, and managed to keep the grey-ish colour scheme on everything apart from the front brakes. It's still all pretty ratty, but it matches the bike in all it's chipped glory. :)

Yup, that is Tushingham 'Exage Mountain'.
The black plastic encased U-brake is BR-M453 if I remember correctly and it was also part of the Mountain-LX groupset above Exage Mountain. There is a all-metal U-brake in the Exage Mountain range which is BR-M452 which seems to have had a longer lifespan than its M-453 stablemate.
Exage Mountain/Trail and Country were discontinued in 1990 to make way for Exage 300/400/500LX...short lasting themselves..

Good job that was noticed mate, i just saw the bike with the parts and jumped for fear of it loosing the chance.

Ill keep looking.

Re:

Cheers Brocklanders023,
sorted for thumbies, they seem to survive unlike the lever assembly!
Would consider another set if the small 'L' bracket on yours are mint?

Some bits for the early Tushingham, nasty Exage Mountain....
ALL NOS so far.

I have a few front mechs, all have storage marks on them, the best of the bunch at the moment!

Possibly, depending on how the M450 pedals I have turn out, they have seen better days, lots of better days!

I have a very large box full of very very tatty Exage Mountain bits, if anyone needs any.....? :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Done,
will update the thread over the next day or so, family crap to sort.... :facepalm:

Andy :xmas-big-grin:

Back