Turbo trainer computer recommendations

chambo34

Retro Guru
I'm looking for a bike computer that will run from the rear wheel of my old JF Wilson Road bike whilst on my Tacx turbo trainer. If wired it'll have to reach the rear wheel and I'd prefer if it had a watt/power function as well as basics... Any ideas?

As in a Bike Computer to track your speed/distance?

I used an old Polar CS200 with a similar Tacx - the Cadence sensor worked perfectly - to make the speed sensor work on the rear wheel, you had to open it up and swap a jumper to get the signal up to the head unit on the bars. Worked like a dream as I recall. I might have some of the kit knocking about here still.

As in a Bike Computer to track your speed/distance?

I used an old Polar CS200 with a similar Tacx - the Cadence sensor worked perfectly - to make the speed sensor work on the rear wheel, you had to open it up and swap a jumper to get the signal up to the head unit on the bars. Worked like a dream as I recall. I might have some of the kit knocking about here still.
Yes, it'd give me something to aim at rather than just doing an hour e ery other day on the really cold, wet and icy days.

So there you go - Polar CS200CAD - with a tweak to the Speed sensor.
You'll be needing something to cover the bike so it doesn't get doused in sweat.

yeah an old computer that works with a speed/cadance sensor will work.
If you want power, you are going to have to go much newer and waaay more $$$$ for power pedals or similar.
My Tacx will do power, but it a self powered model that works with its own head unit thing and talks to the laptop..

Chambo34 did you get sorted! I have a Polar CS500 with wireless speed/cadence/heart rate sensors & unused chest strap. Yow can add a power sensor but it's rare & expensive!

Attachments

• 16418318369182711581426609161897.jpg
    16418318369182711581426609161897.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1
Back