Trying to figure out if my friend's KHS is a one-off

MikeD":2lc7zk4s said:
banana yellow Winniebago

/has flashback to repeatedly waiting for the AA in motorway service stations

That thing was epically unreliable. Not great on fuel, either ;)

It was quite a site to see though, i suspect the fuel bill was astronomical..but still you cant buy cool......and it was cool....in a very loud and in your face kinda way, always new when you had arrived... :shock: :cool:

FMJ":2zsfvv8u said:
Story goes: The bike was given to a friend in 97 by KHS as part of a deal to ride for them. He won the Canada Cup and National DH titles on the bike. At the end of the season, he signed with GT, and I bought the frame for another friend, who built it up with some parts off an old Equipe he had (and my old Judy DHs). He hasn't been able to find a thing on the internet about that particular frame (FXT-LT) with the curved one piec seat/top tube (lot's of their frames used the same rear triangle w. a shorter travel shock). It has no serial number as well. Anyone able to shed any light on it?

a6c6632f.jpg

so now you know there are a few still out there, Do you have any plans for it....???

sinnerman":1rwbx17n said:
so now you know there are a few still out there, Do you have any plans for it....???

It's not mine. I bought the frame for another friend. He built it up with some of his and some of my parts, and has been riding it ever since. Pic was taken before a ride in the summer, and if you look close you can see the back end of my Zizang leaning up against the garage door frame. As far as any resto plans, he was thinking about stripping and polishing it, but has changed his mind.

FMJ":18bqdn6p said:
sinnerman":18bqdn6p said:

It's not mine. I bought the frame for another friend. He built it up with some of his and some of my parts, and has been riding it ever since. Pic was taken before a ride in the summer, and if you look close you can see the back end of my Zizang leaning up against the garage door frame. As far as any resto plans, he was thinking about stripping and polishing it, but has changed his mind.

I did see the back end of the G.T...sweet... :cool:

sorry i just saw it, and started thinking back, to how much i enjoyed riding the bike, you asking the question brought back sum bloody good memories, i didnt realise you were into this sort of riding, tbh. Do you still have a go now...?
If so what are you riding these days..?

If your mate isnt sure if he wants to do something with it, id love to have a crack at it.? its been a long long time since i did any builds with frames like this, it would be a challenge for me i think. :?

I kept my 4X bike, and use that if I occasionally want to hook up with some friends and do runs. I started racing enduro again, then took up supermoto, so I haven't gotten to the hills that often lately.

I don't see my friend parting with the KHS. He's had it for 13 years now, and still raves about it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back