True off-road adventure bike that is flattish but not phat

Dicko10 get as much height in the stack/steerer as possible, I'm moving over a steerer extension to achieve a less aggressive position on my dropmtb.

BTW the pic is a stock photo but same model and colour, Jones bars going on to start with

I would say that that was a seriously smart move, not living up to your moniker at all! :LOL:

Look forward to seeing pics of the real thing...

Cheers for that joe liking the jones bike it's the only bike that would sell my salsa mukluk fat bike for.

My thought processes in settling for the bike came down to riding postures. I ride a Cheltenham Pedersen on road a upright posture, the Roberts has been fine tuned to a very much upright position and performance is improved yet still a small "riding box" .
After reading and watching Jeff talk about his thought processes in design, reading things that Cunningham talked about, and adding Geoff Apps ideas in, a Jones Plus became completely sensible plan.
I'm aware of how truss forks perform courtesy of the Pedersen, I now get a bike I can go into deep country

I add, carrying a couple of long term injuries means I need to shift around but absolutely have no intention of retiring, in fact Polaris and Adventure Racing are firmly within my eyesight.

Oh and there's a hour record I building a bike up for...

Should be a good ride.
29+ is probably the best compromise tyre size IMHO and the only thing I don't like about Jeffs bikes are the prices.
Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

btw, you got a thread on your Pedersen?

Re:

Tell us more about the hour record (definitely worthy of a thread of its own, if you can stand the slew of 'experts' it'll inevitably trigger :LOL: )

I freelance for 8Freight bicycles, the bike is the brainchild of Mike Burrows.
The bike is a cargo bike.. made from Aluminium tubing & is less than 22kg, mono forks rider up front.
On August Bank holiday I beat a well trained Bullitt bike and rider in a time trial at Castle Combe race circuit by 2 seconds, I should have been way faster but hadn't exactly planned for it with a summer mainly consisting of nationwide train travel searching for my ocean rowing boat..

So I have Mike Burrows, my Black10 ( bespoke build) a employer that
A- knows like MB and I that 8Freight design is faster than a Bullitt cargo bike.
B- The current cargo bike Hour record stands at a little over 36km.
C-Carmarthen velodrome is 1/2hr away & though it's intimidating I figure why not give it a go?
D- Aside from marketing a cargo bike, I have to have a go, having spoken to Obree 80% of a hour is mental " ability to bury yourself"

It's built up, ridden in this horrific weather on my testing ground and I stepped back as it leant against the van, 100% right choice of bike and components.
So certain am I walked into my bike shed and decided that I'm only keeping 4 bikes the rest are going.
Roberts, Yellovelo, Pedersen, Clunker but only till a new keeper is found, Overbury's and the Jones stay, everything else goes I even called Tm Gunn regarding the Claud Butler

Glad your happy with the jones joe gutted your keeping the klunker as you know I looked gangster riding it but at least I've got time to save up to buy it when it comes for sale :LOL:

Back