Trouble removing shock bushes

Nah.....

2 pounds of subtle and sensitive equipment. That's what you need. Put the rubber away and bring out the metal.
View attachment 800618

Now.....which one to choose....yep, second from left.....or third?

View attachment 800619
what a lovely little assortment of percussive maintenance instruments. think you might have overworked your deadblow.
I'd share a picture of my hammer rack, but it's soddin cold out there so you'll have to wait. :) from memory theres 16 hung up ranging from panel beaters to claws hammers and everything in between. then there is the big stuff in the bottom draw for when things get ugly. :) for everything else, there's a 1 ton press. :)

…for every hammer, a story….

blimey … a hydraulic press … the Grom and I are itching for a larger workshop with a potentially-maiming plant array….

Last edited:
poor shock

sounds like you might be obliterating the poor thing and by the sounds of it the by the time you manage to get those bushes out they will probably be shot anyway

if i were you just order some bushes

…for every hammer, a story….

blimey … a hydraulic press … the Grom and I are itching for a larger workshop with a potentially-maiming plant array….
Done to many random jobs in my life. :)
my workshop is small but well appointed shall we say. So well appointed that at present I can't get in there to do anything meaningful. :)

Why retain the bushes? Any suspension company will have a selection of bushes or can custom make them in any size for about £30. If you can’t get them out easily they aren’t worth reusing.

I would like to retain because I know they fit the frame as the shock came off it
If I measure them there's a good chance the measurement will be + or - a mm an I d rather not spend 30 pound on some new ones
Think I will try freezing the bushes as suggested an also warm the body of the shock with a heat gun

I would like to retain because I know they fit the frame as the shock came off it
If I measure them there's a good chance the measurement will be + or - a mm an I d rather not spend 30 pound on some new ones
Think I will try freezing the bushes as suggested an also warm the body of the shock with a heat gun

I’m sorry but those mounts are dead. Deceased. Past it. Knackered. Fudged.

Only reason to try and remove them is to save the shock, not the other way round.
When measuring, +/- 1mm would be ball park enough to get the correct size. Loads of databases of sizes as well, if you know model year.

Back