Trek 9.8 Carbon Frame, Thomson, XT, Hope, Avid

nj_cisca

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres a few parts I no longer need. All prices include postage or collection welcome and I will discount postage costs.
Open to offers especially on multiple bits, feel free to get in touch for any further details or photos.
Looking for a decent black 27.2 seatpost and flat pedals if you fancy swaps.

Trek 9.8 OCLV Carbon Frame

Size 18.5", Cane Creek Headset, 68mm BB shell, 31.6mm Seatpost.
This frame was a part of a donor bike I bought as I needed the main parts for a steel hardtail i'm building up (Sanderson :)) . Would have been very tempted to keep this too but its not my size and I need to raise funds for more bits.
The frame is used but structurally sound with no cracks. There are a few chips to the finish, the worst being on the top tube and stays (see pics). The carbon underneath is undamaged and could be touched up if required.
Needless to say this is a very light frame and would make a great xc bike.
Tbh I'm really not sure of the value of the frame, will soon find out if i'm way out! Now £200 posted

Thomson Elite Layback Post

31.6 x 410mm
Post in excellent condition. Some very minimal wear marks by minimum insertion line. £32 or swap for similar 27.2 black post SOLD

Shimano XT SL-M780 Shifters

10 speed, LH shifter switchable between 2x10 or 3x10 setups. £40 SOLD

Shimano XT FD-M771 Front Mech

34.9 Clamp.
Very nice condition working perfectly. £15

Shimano XT RD-M780 Rear Mech

10 Speed, Looks like the longer cage one I think.
A few scuffs but good working order. £28

Hope Floating Rotors

203 and 183mm.
Braking surfaces on both rotors have minimal wear. 183mm rotor has some scuffs to the red spider (see pic).
183mm £15 and 203mm £20 or both for £30

Shimano XT M771 10 Speed Cassette and SLX HG74 Chain

Cassette is 11-34T.
Chain and cassette were removed at the same time so keeping them together. Used but plenty of life left. £15 SOLD

Avid Juicy Three Brakes

Hoses 75 and 130cm.
Both brakes working fine. Quite old now so a few marks and bolts a bit corroded. £30

Sorry, going to be a bit big for my build, rear is but a 163 as it stands, and whilst in theory I don't have an issue stepping up, would need to buy adapters etc, unless of course you have some?

ishaw":1ukbvdbq said:
Sorry, going to be a bit big for my build, rear is but a 163 as it stands, and whilst in theory I don't have an issue stepping up, would need to buy adapters etc, unless of course you have some?

I've had a look at home and can only find a 203mm rear adapter. Don't know if thats any use for you? I work in a bike shop so I'll have a ratch in the parts bin tomorrow and see if I can find anything else ;)

If you have any adapters to suit I'll take the rotors. Forks are post mount so I'd need a 203 for that. Frame had bot arrived yet, buy think it's is mount. Sold all my disc kit off ages ago or I'd more than likely have something.

ishaw":2w4yyn2b said:
If you have any adapters to suit I'll take the rotors. Forks are post mount so I'd need a 203 for that. Frame had bot arrived yet, buy think it's is mount. Sold all my disc kit off ages ago or I'd more than likely have something.

No problem will get back to you on that

Back