Trek 8000 1991

I saw it for sale; but left it there for a number of reasons, NR1 being my wife.
But....but somewhere in the back of my kind I've noticed a Flite saddle that coukdn't have been original.
What wás original (according the brochure that I've accidentally seen through... 😉) was a Vetta saddle.
Which of one I had in the shed.
Long stortmy short; tada:
What the removal of some plastic bits and raising the seat can do!!

20231014_162703.jpg

20231014_164313.jpg

Nice. I have my eyes open for one of these. I remember them being advertised within MBUK for months on end, probably inside the rear cover, full page ad.
I reckon some shining-up of the tyres would make it look even better still.

Last edited:
Friend of mine had one of these (which unfortunately was stolen), but was the reason I wanted to get one myself the following year.
Looks like yours is a good example 👍

Last edited:
Some real enthousiastics here! Unfullfilled childhoods dreams!
I dismanteld the bike yesterdag and it's nice, very nice.
Except 1 missing cap underneath the 7sp rapidfire on the right side (the part that says XT, I have an identical DX cap. Am I permitted to fit that one? :)) it's pretty much complete; inclusing a Tioga bottombracket.
Dirty but nice ... and what's more satisfying than rubbing dirt only to dicover that a virginny white appears.
Looking at the advert above, I've spotted 2 differences sofar.
The tires and stem.
Does this have something to do with UK importers in comparison to a sort of global distrubition?

trek 8000 specs.PNG

Are the tyres in the advert not Z-Axis? I can't see.

Sometime specifications in adverts are a little different if they didn't have all the components ready, as the adverts are obviously taken earlier. At a guess, they didn't have the Matrix stems ready by the time they did the advert and they used a Tioga T-Bone the previous year according to this.

Some real enthousiastics here! Unfullfilled childhoods dreams!
I dismanteld the bike yesterdag and it's nice, very nice.
Except 1 missing cap underneath the 7sp rapidfire on the right side (the part that says XT, I have an identical DX cap. Am I permitted to fit that one? :)) it's pretty much complete; inclusing a Tioga bottombracket.
Dirty but nice ... and what's more satisfying than rubbing dirt only to dicover that a virginny white appears.
Looking at the advert above, I've spotted 2 differences sofar.
The tires and stem.
Does this have something to do with UK importers in comparison to a sort of global distrubition?

View attachment 787834

Could be different years?
The magazine ad is from MBUK Feb 1990
The spec list is from 1991
I prefer it on the Amber walls but the white 8000 is one of those that suit the black wall tyres as well.

boy"O"boy

Back