Tour de France in Yorkshire... who's going?

I'll be sat and the end of my parents drive watching them head out from Leeds to Harewood.

Re:

I'm coming up.

Staying in York, planning to go to Harewood House for Saturday, Sunday kinda depends on the peeps I'm with - Parents and other half - so not sure how early a start, and hike they are up for.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":5lfovto3 said:
Masham would be a good place, you might have to start camping now. A few black sheeps would do nicely.
A good friend of mine lives just outside Masham. Guess where I'm going to be staying that weekend? On the Saturday, we'll be cycling out from the village to watch the parade come past at Jervaulx Abbey, then back to the pub in time for the finish in the pub. Not sure of the plan for Sunday yet.

Re:

going to be there both days;see the start in york '
then some where in ripon the next day
harrogate would be good to see them come in ;but will be mobed

Re:

Will look into getting to see some of stage 3 - Cambridge to London - as it passes not too far away.

kenaltobelli":30g96q9f said:
going to be there both days;see the start in york '
then some where in ripon the next day
harrogate would be good to see them come in ;but will be mobed

Other way around, surely? Ripon's on the Saturday stage 1 route; the York start is on the Sunday.

David

TedC":3o8cpk8o said:
I'm coming up.

Staying in York, planning to go to Harewood House for Saturday, Sunday kinda depends on the peeps I'm with - Parents and other half - so not sure how early a start, and hike they are up for.

Some good cycling in the grounds ted. AND the oxwood bridge is STILL closed (links the preferred startpoint with harewood). Wont affect you though.

see here...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=255773

Just ordered my plane tickets a couple of days ago...

Staying with my folks in Barnsley, who I don't see so nearly as often as I should - and have the promise of a bike loan from Manchester legend Graham Pearce - so will be cycling out to both stages.... Expecting to be on Holme Moss.... might take the back way up from Woodhead as I suspect the main climb to be unrideable due to sheer volume of people. It was bad enough when they used it in the World Cup......

Re:

Well, we were going to camp in York and watch from there but York Council cancelled the camp site a couple of weeks back :roll: .
Anyway, as an apology, York council have sent us two free tickets for York racecourse (where it's going from) on Sunday 6th July. Unfortunately, we cannot now use these tickets and I would be glad to pass these on to anyone who is in York and can use them that day. Obviously, they are free of charge. :D
Let me know if you are interested.

Back