Tour de France 1989

Route Map - 1989 Tour de France.

quote]If you can give me few days I have a"Winning"guide with a map of the '89 Tour.Roadking.[/quote]

Struggle to find this, however there was not map printed in the 1989 Winning guide - it was a wall chart, which I probably have but cannot find at the moment.

This is the map printed in the weekly Winning TdF magazine - these magazines were available only by subscription during the TdF: I have all of these from 1986 - 1993 (they were only available during those years).

If you need anything else related to the 1989 TdF then pm me.

Roadking.

Attachments

• 1989TdF.jpg
    1989TdF.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 697
Thank you for your time and effort.
I see 2 long transfers. Don't mind cycling up to Versailles but cycling the northern one to Dinard ? Did northern France and Belgium 2 years ago and was not over impressed. Damn this need for authenticity.

Have you thought about contacting the tour de france organisers direct?
just a thought, invariably worked for me going to the most direct/obvious source.

Official Map.

tonyf39":rml4ojv9 said:
just a thought, invariably worked for me going to the most direct/obvious source.

It is the official map from 1989.

Rk.

Re: Official Map.

roadking":zn65erjs said:
tonyf39":zn65erjs said:

It is the official map from 1989.

Rk.
You misunderstand, though as you say that is an official map the OP wants the 'actual' route. I would have thought there will be a record of that written down somewhere, asking direct to the organisation itself for intimate details can be a simple solution to these types of problems rather than guesswork from a map that just shows the start & finishing point of each stage which is hardly comprehensive, no disrespect intended.

bilko6":190fwxgi said:
Two years is cutting it fine for me. And as far as growing a pony tail a la
Millar and Fignon, I'd be happy just to grow hair.

ps...was in the lead for your mates TVT with just 8 seconds to go. Damn those richer than me.

aye and to think he was going to sell it back to me for a hundred quid!! :LOL:

i don't know if the delgado '88 look interests you, but there's a gorgeous red tvt for sale there - NOS - £275. he has had it on for a few months now and can't even get a starting bid on it!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TVT-92-Carbon ... 2c6562b12f

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Postscript until 2014

I e mailed ASO, the company who run the Tour and they have sent me their last available copy of the official road book for 1989. It is unbelievably detailed. Every road junction, village, ETA at varying speeds and maps not only of the routes but detailed start/finish areas.

Vive La France

.... Room for another Robert Millar?

Damn i would love to do this too

Just the excuse i need to
a. Get fit
b. Build a peugeot PY10FC (Fibre de Carbone)

Can i come :)

edit : hnnnnnnng - the 1989 Carbon Pro (i need a tissue, brb)

1989fr_06.jpg

Back