Cycling in northern Brittany/Normandy (Roscoff to Cherbourg)

Albeit 30 odd years ago now, and undoubtedly some things have changed, I used to live in the Lannion area and cycle a fair bit; MTB and long distant road; even the Bernard Hinault sportive. Long before a lot of these cycle routes, so @vcballbat advice will probably be better and more up to date than mine.

From memory, I can't remember the Roscoff to Morliax route being particularly enthralling, same with Guingcamp and St Brieuc.

Consider going to Lannion, touring around the Cote de Granit Rose, and then take the train from Lannion to St Brieuc or even Dinan (which is worth seeing in itself). IMHO 4 days with that mileage won't give you sufficient time to see the better places in some detail and at a relaxed pace.

I think I wouldn't bother to actually go and see Mont St Michel on the inside, it does indeed look more impressive from a far. It can be absolutely overcrowded with tourists too like St Malo.
My plan is get to France, ride till dusk, pitch up wherever is reasonably flat, wake at daylight, de camp, ride and repeat, no real plan just wing it for a few days of total unicombered freedom. Next thing you know your on the next ferry to Portsmouth.. bummer ...My next ride is Le Seine to Paris 👍

Reactions: Woz
Didn't go over the causeway, been there before for the Tour de France time trial a couple of years earlier 🇲🇫👍 Twas a very hot day, think Frome won and we were absolutely smashed and had to be at Fougeres by morning for a stage start.. happy days 👍 I got hooked and had to return.
We were there,nicked this poster from a shop window and framed it for a souvenir :)
DSC00215.JPG

Thanks to all for the replies so far! Sorry I haven't got around to responding to the comments sooner. Useful links too, thank you!

The priority for this one is to get in as much distance as possible within the constraints of a long weekend (well, 4 days) - ride some pleasant new roads and see the best of the scenery and towns on the way. Although there will be some compromises. I know some of the towns a little from previous holidays (St Malo, Dinan, Dinard) and I'm not looking to do sightseeing as such, so the stops will be calling in at the odd patisserie, finding lunch and taking some nice snaps of the coastline. Around 70-75 miles per day, sticking to the road, should equate to about 6-6.5 hours or so in the saddle. So in good weather, relatively flat terrain most of the way and long daylight hours I'm hoping that will work ok.

Back