Today's Ride

al-onestare":y3nh4ngb said:
ibbz":y3nh4ngb said:
mk one":y3nh4ngb said:
:cool: some great photos.

And ibbz, you need to get more off the beaten track for slightly more solitude :)
Hahaha!!! :LOL: :LOL: Damn right!
All I have is Epping Forest - trails now full of e-MTB bikes amongst other undesirables - what I am doing is looking to move way out of London, currently looking around Newbury and Swindon - outskirts would be nice!

Moving out of London I can get down with, but there's zero reason to move to <spit> Swindon <spit>, those little slugs :evil:

After a wet and wild week, the sun is finally winning the battle against the darkness. With a clear sky, I can finally get back to more of the back-roads. The off-set this morning was avoid ice and trying to stay as warm as possible which was going well until the decent off the downs through Cudham where the temperature dropped below freezing. I'm still cold now on my third pint of tea :LOL: Still, the soul (and the legs) are humming.

A pretty innocuous shot but proof it's lighter; the junction of Halstead lane with Knockholt. You can still catch a London bus up there :LOL:

f7T2aR.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: The garden of England - or the Wessex Downs? Hmmmm..

Either one would be better than hipster Walthamstow (and London in general) - which was crap during the 2010’s and now unbearably shyte. Even Epping forest is being invaded by the Islington massive

Cool breeze, nice and warm in the sun.

Tired today after an epic day winter climbing in the mountains yesterday. Rode up to Pines to do a lap of one of the trails but went up on the roads, and back, to make it a bit easier going, though lots of hills ensured it was not that at all.

Didnt see anyone up Pines, just a couple walking their dog, a couple of lads on bmx's heading to the jumps and a walker on the trail. Mixed trails today, some still frozen hard, some ice and quite a bit of just soft enough to slow you down type ground.

Beautiful blue skies and sunshine, the moon was out too, can just about make it out in one of the pics. A great ride even if tiring, just the right temp and its a nice change to still be able to feel my feet after the ride.

Attachments

• P1013122.JPG
    P1013122.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 823
  • P1013120.JPG
    P1013120.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 823
  • P1013117.JPG
    P1013117.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 823
  • P1013114.JPG
    P1013114.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 823
Sunny and warm today.

Another beautiful day. The sun was out and the roads starting to dry out, so this morning i took the Triumph out :cool: Later on as the sun was still out and no clouds were interfering with play, i went for a ride out on the mtb. It was as i said warm, very warm, so warm in fact that not only did i have shorts on, i had to take my jacket off when i stopped in the sun for a minute as i was too warm :cool:

Haven't been out on the bike for quite a few days, winter conditions up on the tops meant i made the most of that and walked and climbed for most of last week and the weekend. Today to make up for it i went on a longer ride, just up and around the trails at Pines again but took the longer way there. A lot of dog walkers out today, in the woods and trails on the way there, and also in Pines. Only a couple of other bikers though surprisingly. The trails were running fast as usual, well once on the Pines trails that is, the rest on the way are still a mix of mud, slop, ice and more wet sticky mud. The sun and blue skies more than made up for it though and i had a great ride.

Attachments

• P1013135.JPG
    P1013135.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 716
  • P1013134.JPG
    P1013134.JPG
    766.6 KB · Views: 716
  • P1013132.JPG
    P1013132.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 716
  • P1013131.JPG
    P1013131.JPG
    692.7 KB · Views: 716
  • P1013129.JPG
    P1013129.JPG
    689.2 KB · Views: 716
  • P1013127.JPG
    P1013127.JPG
    777.4 KB · Views: 716
  • P1013125.JPG
    P1013125.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 716
  • P1013123.JPG
    P1013123.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 716
Still cold here up north but some nice pics from
Your ride today and hopefully the spring is on its way... I’m already inspired to start deciding which one of my recent/imminent builds will be my regular steed come the better weather....

:) don't think its quite here yet, it may have been unusually warm in the sun but in parts that don't receive any, like the lake, it was still very cold. One was still iced over from last week.

Re:

The season is slowly changing. Funking wet but a mild day today following a cool spell, with just enough light at 07:00 to get onto the unlit country roads without the risk of hitting unseen pot-holes. So my first ride outside the M25 (don't tell the COVID po-po) and the soul feels much better for it. Really mucky, proper dank with the conditions sapping all the colour, but the time I got back to HQ the sky was clearing. A solid 23 miles of up and down.

cMV6dj.jpg

The Darrent was looking pretty full at Shoreham. It was a ghost village with no-one about.

Cold, dank and miserable: as British as it gets.

S112g0.jpg

Of course I'm stoked it's light enough to scoot over the M25 and leave plague suburbia for plague country :LOL: I haven't fiddled with the saturation either. It really was that grey!

Back