Today's Ride

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2d96hfe6 said:
Nice one Paul, are you pleased with it?
Morning mate
I am actually , it rides really well :cool:
pretty compliant after the 7000 series Kona i have been using , its a bit big really but it doesnt feel unwieldy .
I think i will paint the stock forks and go rigid with it , need to put some better tyres on with it too :D
Paul

Re:

Today-Monday-We got out at noon and rode up to Pine Mountain truck road, about 1200' up. 74 F. when we left, and sunny...

Attachments

• SF Bay.jpg
    SF Bay.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 349
  • Alpine Lake.jpg
    Alpine Lake.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 349
Re:

A short ride, only 50 mins, but with some great scenery.

Today I rode to the garage to pick up the lorry I drive for a living. Bike and kit was in the cab for the day.
Started to wonder, if the timing was right, I might be able to get back to some nice trails for my tacho break. As it turns out, I did! :cool:
So, togged up, lorry on 'break' and up a sharp hill, away from the main road in the distance. I parked by the houses on the far left in this shot!

WP_20170314_12_39_59_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Up and over the hill, to be greeted by this view, towards Devils Dyke.

WP_20170314_12_43_43_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

I wish I'd had time to ride some of that! :cool:

Then I dropped down, and up from the valley, on the South Downs Way for this great view of the Dyke

WP_20170314_12_53_08_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Then all too soon, it was time to head back. :( So along the top of the ridge with a gentle tailwind, and back to the truck, and a cuppa!

Mike

Re:

Very scenic there, Mike-looks like you've got some hills, too...Today-Wednesday-67 F. and partly cloudy- a short ride up about 900' to the West of town today...

Attachments

• Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 299
Re:

Today-Thursday-we rode up about 1000' to the West of town. 68 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• High in the hills today.jpg
    High in the hills today.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 287
Re:

Tossa del Mar via the hilly coastal route, only 78km but nearly 25% of that in climbs!
21C though... :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_20170317_085906_840.jpg
    IMG_20170317_085906_840.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 276
Re:

Today-Friday-Happy St. Paddy's Day, guys. Warm here on the climb up to the lakes-had to wear my green jersey...

Attachments

• Into the lakes district.jpg
    Into the lakes district.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 263
Re:

I had to go to the town to collect some stuff and over to the next village. The bridge
on the road to the town was damaged in the 2013 floods and was patched up but has basically
been closed since then. A new bridge has been built and has just opened, I was expecting a wider bridge and maybe a bit higher, look at the pic of it flooded. I am not sure when that was, but I have seen it like
that a few times.
All the village traffic going to the town goes over it, so it sees quite a bit of traffic.
It floods a few times a year and it seems like every year since 1964 they have been mending it. I wonder if the new bridge is going to last longer and are the next 2 bridges down river, which also flood, going to flood worse.

Attachments

• flanchford1.jpg
    flanchford1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 256
  • flanchford2.jpg
    flanchford2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 256
  • flanchford3.jpg
    flanchford3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 256
Back