Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Tuesday-58 F. and sunny, we rode up to the West of town about 900' -nice to be out after several rainy days...

Attachments

• Hanging at the top.jpg
    Hanging at the top.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 412
Ok, so not today but last Sunday. Had a route planned but didn't get round to charging the sat nav so went on my home loop, which was cut short due to threatening storm clouds. Still lots of mud about.

Who can name the motorway behind the barrier?

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 399
Re:

Today-Wednesday-68 F. and beautiful out...

Attachments

• Slide zone.jpg
    Slide zone.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 390
  • Railroad Grade.jpg
    Railroad Grade.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Rest stop view.jpg
    Rest stop view.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 390
Re:

Today-Thursday-Really warm, about 74 F. and lots of sun. For sure a short sleeves and shorts day. We rode up to the West of town today. More and more flowers are coming up...

Attachments

• Indian Warrior.jpg
    Indian Warrior.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 373
  • On the climb.jpg
    On the climb.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 373
your first guess was correct, the other side from google maps.

You can see the signage gantry and the mobile phone mast and the lighter section of fence corresponds to the step in the photo.

Attachments

• m25.jpg
    m25.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 360
Re:

At work from 07.30 today, but determined to get a ride in beforehand, then I can clean up when I get there.
So, despite last night's rain, I had to do it. Up at 05.30 and out the door ten minutes later. Up the long road drag, heading north, and onto the South Downs.

IMG_0922 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

A bit murky up here! Nothing but the sound of tyres, and birdsong, bliss! :cool: Down past a school, and onto a nice rooty trail, before heading across a deserted main road and up a 10 minute climb the other side. I was hoping to get a nice Sunrise photo up here,

IMG_0923 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

But as you can see, I picked the wrong day! :roll:

Then after that, I went along a nice technical, rooty, singletrack section, before heading along the side of the river. I saw a little egret here, looking for some breakfast. Then I got to work.

IMG_0924 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

As you can see, I was wearing a video camera. Sadly, it was pointing at my knees, so haven't added any videos. Looking in to getting a longer bracket, now.

Not long after this, I was having mine at work, along with one of the locals

IMG_0930 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Nothing happening at work, so took the opportunity to wash the bike. Having taken some chain oil in.

IMG_0931 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

How convenient! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Nice fisher, Mike. It looks a little small for you, by the size of the seat post-kinda like my '91 Funk, at least a yard of seat post :) Today-70 F. and beautiful out-we rode up Eldridge Grade on Mt. Tam about 1000' to the Lakes, which are totally full...

Attachments

• Bon Tempe dipstick.jpg
    Bon Tempe dipstick.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Long way down.jpg
    Long way down.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 330
  • Eldridge Grade slide.jpg
    Eldridge Grade slide.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 330
  • Tres Amigos.jpg
    Tres Amigos.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 330
Re:

Too small? No, I'm a racehead, albeit an old racehead with a bad back! :LOL:
Nice photos Pat! I thought some of our roads were bad!

Mike

Back