Today's Ride

Re:

Yeah, a bit of a cleanup for sure. :) You ride a pretty big gear on that single speed-is it relatively flat where you live, Mike? Around here I use a 22-34 bottom gear to get up the steepest bits, which we have in abundance! Today-Sunday-We rode into a nearby valley called Sleepy Hollow. Half way in we took a right and rode up a super steep hill to the lower ridge top. then we continued climbing along the ridge until we got tired and descended back down-really beautiful again today, in the high 60's F. and sunny...

Attachments

• 3 peaks of Tam.jpg
    3 peaks of Tam.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 556
  • SF Bay in background.jpg
    SF Bay in background.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 556
  • Going up.jpg
    Going up.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 556
Re:

Today-Monday-another sunny day, 64 F. I rode up Iron Springs Road to Tamarancho today, and just like on Eldridge Grade last month, in one spot up high, the road is cracking, undermined, and slipping away. Was really nice to be out spinning the cranks, though. We are supposed to get another round of 3-4 days of rain starting Thursday, so every day 'til then is a ride day... :)

Attachments

• SF Bay and Richmond Ca..jpg
    SF Bay and Richmond Ca..jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 536
  • Long way down.jpg
    Long way down.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 536
  • Iron springs Road.jpg
    Iron springs Road.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 536
  • A little muddy.jpg
    A little muddy.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 536
  • Goldman Trail.jpg
    Goldman Trail.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 536
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":cyqx21o6 said:
We are supposed to get another round of 3-4 days of rain starting Thursday, so every day 'til then is a ride day... :)

Poor Oroville - 4 days of rain doesn't bode well for their situation ...

k-rod":2rca1ihn said:
FairfaxPat":2rca1ihn said:
We are supposed to get another round of 3-4 days of rain starting Thursday, so every day 'til then is a ride day... :)

...and your point is?

Re:

The first day of 2017 in Sweden with a spring feeling in the air - still frozen but the sun was out and gassing.

Went out on one of my favourite trails in an enchanted forest with narrow, winding, rocky and rooty singletrack. What a perfect ride, so quiet and peaceful but extremely technical. So technical I managed to write off my helmet going over the bars (yep, still happens after 25 years of MTBing). Easier to replace a helmet than a head though.

Coming out of the dark, tight forest you're met with the opposite extreme, the intense brightness of the sun on a small snow-covered frozen lake. Needless to say I had to speed around and execute huge skids on this for a while before heading home :D

Attachments

• IMG_6849.jpg
    IMG_6849.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_6772.jpg
    IMG_6772.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_6769.jpg
    IMG_6769.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_6741.jpg
    IMG_6741.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_6735.jpg
    IMG_6735.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 509
Re:

Ha ha! Nice one Neil,

Pm me your address again, I forgot to send those Cosmic decals to you! :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

Doing doughnuts on a frozen lake sounds like fun! Today-Tuesday-Another Spring like day, about 66 F. and sunny. Up about 800' to the West to soak in the sun...

Attachments

• Sitting in the sun.jpg
    Sitting in the sun.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 495
Re:

Hi Pat,

Maybe 200m elevation here, so yes, not as dramatic as the area you ride in. Or as dry! :LOL:

Lots of up and down though, the gear was ok for maybe 30% of the ride. After next week's race, I will be putting it back to 3x8.

Say 'Hi!' to Gary for me next time you see him ;)

Mike

al-onestare":3v2hydnm said:
k-rod":3v2hydnm said:
FairfaxPat":3v2hydnm said:

...and your point is?

To be fair, the news speaks for itself..

Though it seems things have alleviated somewhat. Thank goodness.

I love the BeepBeep pictures, more people ought to add to this wonderful thread.

Me? I never ride a bike.

Re: a damp sunday

Managed a couple of climbs I haven't done in two years so pretty pleased :D
Oh that isn't one by the way lol ! That's over the brow before a very slippery descent .

Back