Today's Ride

Re:

Nice ride Longun! :cool: vaguely know the area.

And Charlie, thanks for showing us some mud, I was starting to think it never rained in the States!

Mike

Pat and I both posted about the recent Appetite Seminar ride in Marin County, which drew 800 riders in spite of the mud. Wet trails, but blue skies, and now this incredible Steadicam footage from the last descent. You can see the bike bouncing around, but the camera doesn't move.

You see what we have to deal with here. Views. Bright sunshine. Real mud. Endless downhill. What you don't see is how much work it took to be in a position to ride this downhill!

The video is all on a fire road, but at the point where it ends, the rider had the option of dropping through single-track and a flow trail.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPNvf6JCjGw[/youtube]

Here is the "other" downhill from the same ride. This the descent of Pine Mountain, one of the best in Marin. It is a lot longer than the video suggests, about 300 vertical meters of descent.

The price of this descent is the climb out of the deep canyon it ends in.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E4yhscZI5U[/youtube]

Re:

Cheers for that, nice to see video footage of riding in other places. Gives you a new perspective - literally - of areas, trails etc. ;)

I must get a chest mount for my Go Pro copy.

I'll put a wanted ad up now

Mike

Great footage. Very jealous.

Riding very retro yesterday. Light mud, dead calm but chilly. Playing along the way.

DSCF3217_edited_zpscjjrgxlr.jpg

rode cutgate and ladybower today, bloody cold, bloody hard in places and bloody good fun. managed to snap a rear mech and ride 4-5 miles back singlespeed which was interesting.......

apparently it snowed last week, thatll explain the snow and dampness then.....

love this place

being silly

oops

loved it

:)

Re:

Nukeproof, but not Peakproof! :LOL: :LOL:

Proper hard conditions Chris! Well done brother ! ;)

Re:

Today-Monday- A short ride up into the hills above Fairfax-sunny out, and about 65 F. with a chilly breeze...

Attachments

• Tam today.jpg
    Tam today.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Cactus in the sun.jpg
    Cactus in the sun.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 319
Here you go folks, Kangaroo's hanging around on the singletrack this morning.

Attachments

• WyldeRoos-20161201_074858.jpg
    WyldeRoos-20161201_074858.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 289

Latest posts

Back