Today's Ride

As part of the day-long induction celebration I took part in the "Legends Ride," which was actually four rides of varying distance. My ride included HoF inductees Wende Cragg (on her Series III Breezer), Marilyn Price and Denise Caramagno, also RB contributor Geoff Halaburt on his Cunningham.

The induction dinner/ceremony brought out all the local gliterati, Joe Breeze, Jacquie Phelan, Steve Potts, Charlie Cunningham, Tom Ritchey and Ross Shafer among them. Zap Espinoza, Ned Overend and Craig Cook showed up from far away, to see Missy "The Missile" Giove inducted.

Attachments

• HoF06.jpg
    HoF06.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 490
  • HoF07.jpg
    HoF07.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 490
  • HoF02.jpg
    HoF02.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 490
  • HoF03.jpg
    HoF03.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 490
Re:

Yeah Mike.. Retro all the way!

Sunday ride around Petaling Jaya near KL my colleague and i had a bit of fun 'drawing' our route by cycling around with the GPS on our bikes. No prizes for working out which company we work for.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 483
Re:

Motorcycle trackday at Sepang today. After the last session ended at 6pm i took out the Hei Hei for a couple of laps..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 457
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Nice out, about 70 F. and sunny. A quick ride up the steepest street in Fairfax-about 35% for one short 50 yard stretch- to about 800' up, then home again...

Attachments

• Above Fairfax.jpg
    Above Fairfax.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 443
Re:

Today-Thursday-A pleasant 80 F. ( 27 C. ) sunny day. Rode up to the west to Tamarancho about 900' up...

Attachments

• At the Top.jpg
    At the Top.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 430
  • Still Dry Here.jpg
    Still Dry Here.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 430
Re:

Today-Friday-We rode up to the west-still warm out, about 80 F. -enough to generate lots of sweat on the 900' climb, and seeking shade at the top- all in all, a good ride... :)

Attachments

• Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    Broken Dam Trail.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Sitting in the shade.jpg
    Sitting in the shade.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 416
Re:

Today-Saturday-Warm, about 84 F. ( 27 C. ) So we went up a shady climb on the lower slopes of Tam...

Attachments

• CK.jpg
    CK.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Larry, CK, and me.jpg
    Larry, CK, and me.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 403
Re:

Today-Monday-We rode to the South of town up the lower slopes of Tam into the Water District. The lakes are getting low, but we are expecting rain on Friday, so we'll see what happens...

Attachments

• Mt. Tam.jpg
    Mt. Tam.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Alpine Lake.jpg
    Alpine Lake.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 386
Re:

Today-Wednesday-Quite a bit cooler, around 65 F. - makes all the climbing easier -we rode up to Tamarancho today, about 900' up...

Attachments

• Tam Today.jpg
    Tam Today.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 362
  • At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 362
Re:

Today-Saturday-After some rain yesterday, it cleared up enough today to ride. Along the way, I stopped by Fairfax's Biketoberfest to check it out. There were manufacturer's booths, about a dozen craft beer makers booths, clothing, live music and a pretty good crowd. My friend Jer had about 40 old cruisers that he restored for sale, Craig Calfee had carbon and Bamboo bikes- a 21 lb. Tandem- some cool bikes...

Attachments

• Today's Band.jpg
    Today's Band.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Fantic Bikes.jpg
    Fantic Bikes.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Calfee Bamboo Bike.jpg
    Calfee Bamboo Bike.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Jer's classic cruisers.jpg
    Jer's classic cruisers.jpg