Today I remembered what I loved about Mountain biking..

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
... :cool: :cool: :D

Met up with a couple of fellow RB'ers for a local ride, thought we'd go a bit more off-piste than normal ;) :cool: , (up hill and down dale) loads of nice gravelly singletrack, bridleway, footpaths, disused railway and a little bit of road chucked in for good measure. Fantastic scenery, with a couple of nasty bumpy fields (for those of us on full rigid bikes ;) :shock: ) supplied courtesy of Farmer Barlemow, then a nice sharp gravelly climb over the M1 and a couple more smooth fields, before a fantastic downhill packed full of gravel, stones, boulders and really rather large potholes ;) :cool:

Thought I'd have a play with a new helmet-cam, have a go a capturing this nice long descent........ :roll: Any ways, a nice sprint ensued to get up a bit of speed (flat out in the biggest 'middle-ring' gear ;) ) and that's when the fun started...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Trying a bit too hard to be bleeding Scorcese for a moment, I took my eye off the ball, weight (and there's a lot of it :LOL: ) completely in the wrong place, my front wheel barrels into a nice deep pothole.... :LOL: :LOL: Thrown a good six inches in the air, I'm then battling to hold on, thrown left and right, trying to over-correct as I go :shock: and then a peaceful second before.............BANG!! ass is brought back down for an almighty wallop on the saddle...

grabbing a couple of handfuls of brakeage, I manage to somehow stay on the bike (likened, by one of my fellow riders, who was behind, to a bit of a rodeo ride :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ) and kurb the speed somewhat, before coasting to the next bend for a well earned calm-down and a re-fettle of the brakes :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Result - ?..... A seatpost rammed down as far as it would go into the seat tube and this:
Salcey_06062010_051.jpg

Still, the adrenaline rush was immense, and I wanted to go and do it all again..... :roll: :twisted: :LOL:

And this is why today, I love mountain biking :cool: :cool: :cool:

I do have the video, but with the amount of expletives coming from my mouth, I thought it best not to post, as it is an open forum..... :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

you must have balls made of steel or very bruised gentleman vegatables :shock: to ram tha tube so hard that you broke the collar, what bike was that on mate :?:

i think that you should put the video up for a vote :idea:

i for one would love to see it :LOL:

i am sure anyone that would be offended can turn the sound down

take care :roll:

stubbsy :D

t'was my '92 Al-Mega XT, so I also think in doing this, I've proved conclusively that the cracking frames thing is a total myth..... :LOL:

Luckily the vegetables didn't take any of the impact, as my weight was in the wrong place, it kinda threw me forward, and then back on to my backside if that makes sense??? :twisted:

looks like it could of been ugly, atleast it's only a seat collar, you should put the video on youtube, and a notice of swearing on the page above the link, :)

:LOL: :LOL:
Your lucky thats all you broke mate ;)

Get the vid up Steve cant you put a warning in the title?

you can be our little crash test dummy mate :LOL:

glad you are ok and the almega will get fixed quick

stubbsy

it's already downloaded into my photobucket. ;)

Maybe if I warn enough people in this thread, the mods wouldn't mind the link being posted here?? :?

took the cro-mega out on a local ride with other macretros

loved it ,in fact loved most rides of late

thats what i love about mountain biking

it's never crap

Back