Toad*al Resurrection

Thanks man. I had to make do with what I had, I couldn't find my gold plated cable housings and cassette.

Yes, Eric - look´s good. Though I´ld prefer an other crank on this particular bike the Bullseye fit´s in as well. Tire that close to the U-Brake? What tiresize did you mount? A silver set of 732´s for the front should come up cheap - might be a better option. Seatpost-binder, bar ends and grip´s, well...

Nice built so far. Still potential left. Bullseye/IRD keeper kit´s are hard to find nowadays. I´ll let you know if I see something.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

If you say you'd prefer another crank...don't you have to name the crank? I love Bullseye and there wasn't much choice back in '88. I'm pretty tired of Shimantour

I have original xt skewers for the wheels and seatpost but they're in my storage lock-up on anther bike. Other than changing those up, it's done.

Thanks for looking out for IRD Keeper kit but no worries, I'll just machine a couple caps up once I've found a long enough bolt to go through the spindle.

Yeash, fat tires have always been a problem on this bike. I'll prob put narrow slicks on it

Roy, no worries man, I won't disgrace!

BC":14panek1 said:
I'm pretty tired of Shimantour

Totally understand that.

Well...if you´re into custom/aftermarket parts it´s really hard to find another for `88 that would fit, too - or better than the Bullseye you mounted. Cook Bros. comes on my mind...

But besides that or an regular Shimano 730... Nope, no other idea.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Attachments

• 1185Cooks.jpg
    1185Cooks.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 551
Positive side effect is that when mounting the Cook you might have 99 problems but the BB ain´t one :LOL:

...and you could sell the Bullseye to me ;)

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":2z44upaz said:
looks great eric. other than the red seatpost binder and the yellow grips.
What ......that Bontrager rear shewer. But I like black cable ends.
Eric, found some mounts.
Robert

Re:

I like Ringle skewers! They cost a weeks wages back then so I can save 0.03 grams :roll:

Here's a pic from 1990 or so when I first had it and still had it's lime green factory Toad paint. Scott SE brakes up front and IRD brake booster.

I wish I still had that Syncros post that's on the Haro below it

15136240498_fd87dd39d9_o.jpg

Back