Tips for night riding

ededwards":178bpdri said:
I take it that it goes without saying that you don't ride alone at night?

I ride alone most of the time, day or night, makes little or no difference to how I ride although at night I do avoid the more tricky terrain and restrain my need for speed on the wide open stuff.

A spare light is a must, LED headtorch in pocket/backpack or spare LED commuter light on the bars. Space blanket in backpack, phone, usual spares. I tend to limit night rides to 2 hours but I have gone for epics in the past on full moon nights - turn your lights off and use the moon for the fireroads - mega cool!

Just be sensible and get on with it.

nite rida

I find judging hills at night is really difficult, often selecting the wrong gear-too hi or lo. I don't really rate the modern bright lights either, as I find this restricts you to where the beam is and can dazzle you as much as help you.
I naturally have pretty good night vision, as I do a lot of night hiking and never need a light. My pals' reckon I'm half nosferato :twisted: :twisted:

I have been nite riding for years now and would recomend it to you all.
I would say always take a good backup light. On my regular thursday trip to derbyshire its always a 3hr plus ride and I would bet my cateye Stadium someone will end up with a duff backup or none at all. (I usually have another spare led in my backpack which comes in handy)
Its a great time to make the dullest of trails exiting! And also the regular downhill runs epic :shock:

Latest posts

Back