Tips for getting a tight tyre off?

I feel for you! MA40's are the worst rims I have ever owned for installing/removing tyres.

You are going to have to manipulate the tyres around the rim to a single point i.e. to give you as much slack as possible. Toe clips wrapped tightly around the rim/tyre at different points can help with maintaining enough slack to get the levers in.

I broke about a dozen levers whilst trying to remove tyres from MA40's, then I bought the 3 x clip together levers from Tacx which are thin and very strong - never snapped one and they are the only levers I've ever used since.

It's a tough job, but don't give up 🤞

If they went on, they will come off (eventually) even without cutting the tyres. Lubrication will help an enormous amount. Just a diluted washing up liquid mix should do without making everything super slippery that you cannot grip things anymore. I see someone mentioned conditioner which would work. Silicone grease is slippery, but boy, it gets everywhere!!! Warmth helps to keep the rubber supple for extra stretch and also look to pinch the tyre on the opposite side your working on so the beads are right in the centre of the rim as this reduces the circumference slightly to create some slack. MA40's are slightly concave, not much (which is why they are hard to get tyres off) but this should give you some more tyre to purchase on. Good luck! 💪🤞👍

Just googled that tyre......🤨 Everything I don't like about tyres rolled into one! Cut em off and bin em horrible things! Don't work up a sweat or give yourself sore fingers over them.

Those tyres are fairly loose, in my experience! Compared with some!

Its just the height of ma40s.....lovely rims, but a bitch in the field!

Even folding smokes, which fall off most rims are tight!

The reson i reach for the hair Conditioner is that unlike any form of grease, it washes off very easily with water, as it goes on your body, it also contains nothing corrosive....the same can't be said for dish soap (fairy) as it has salt in it...

Plus if the rubbish on tv adverts is to be believed your rims will be soft, silky and look 10 years younger after.

Back