Tim Gould's ex race bike?

I seem to recall the 'Timmis' bike went for £350 or thereabouts? Tim Goulds bike must be worth alot more

I think there are many reasons this bike did not go for big money.

1. It's badly advertised
2. It's not in great condition.
3. The pictures don't do it justice.
4. It's from the very early british mtb era and thus a less popular era.
5. It's stickered up as a Peugoet.
6. There is no actual proof of it's illustrious ownership.
and
7. I got out bid at £425.

£475 is about 25% more, thats probably a fair increase given Goulds pedigree, it is only a bike that he's ridden, not one that he won anything on, as far as we know!

I would imagine that his hill climb winning bike or his '90 Durango bike would have gone for a few hundred more :)

I enquired about a BIN :oops: and seller was hoping for it would go for £100 or more! but wanted to see the auction through.

I was hoping someone on here would get it so I could see some decent pics -Sinnett would have been good! (after doing such a good job with the Raleigh)

considering the lack of proof of provenance and bad pcitures £475 is excellent .

:D I dug deep to secure this and am still reeling a bit.

I've been looking for a special racer project for a while and was very tempted with the Timmis when it came up, although it wasn't really my era.

But seeing what a great job Sinett177 did gave a spur. As did the direction the site is taking in properly getting to grips with UK MTB history: the interviews, articles, builds and events are really starting to add up.

This bike is a bit of an unknown, as the thread has pointed out. But at worst I've got a pedigree fillet frame [and sweet fork] and some good period kit; at best, something very special.

The build will be very sympathetic, closely documented and as unobtrusive as possible: I'm looking forward to research and detail.

Will start a build thread and pics when I get it.

Now how to explain to Mrs DB that the new cooker fund has gone ....

I thought I recognised the winners name. You're lucky I left my last snipe at £465 then as I had a moment earlier when it was set at £560 but decided better of it. That would have sunk the cooker hood as well :)

Of course if your wife beats you I will take the "second chance" :)

Back