Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Nabeaquam’s Breezer #1 tribute

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Chas Roberts White Spider, Tim Gould Team Peugeot race bike

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ritchey Soft-tail Thomas Frischknecht tribute

Already have that one thanks 👍 It's just the Gary Fisher I don't have an owner for

Congratulations on the win @Nabeaquam, a worthy winner :cool:
Thank you. Honored to say the least. The retro bike UK viewers knew what I was trying to do, which is something considering I haven‘t run into anyone riding who knows what my clone is. A real shame that almost all mountain bikers do not know the history or origin of their sport. That disappoints me. Nice that the bike finally gets approved by people that appreciate our origin. The build was almost too much for my skill level. I had to do several things over and briefly considered bagging it. I can’t remember exactly but I probably cut up over 10 bikes for frame parts. It’s a hack bike. I used stick welding, MIG welding and brazing. I don’t have TIG. My son- in-law calls the bike “Death Trap“ because of all the cobbling together. So far it’s been solid but the ride is reminiscent of a 1990s Department Store Mountain bike. Almost no chrome moly tubing unlike the original, I used mostly mild steel which is easier for a novice to weld and braze. The original gearing makes it pretty unsuitable for modern single track. It was originally a downhill bike for Repack. I Iike it for easy single track. It’s ok for gravel and two track. My son just used it on a ride with me. He only knows about modern mountain biking. I kept hearing “oh jeez, oh jeez” as he tried to ride over stuff. It was great, I could keep up with him, mostly.

Last edited:
Back