tIB's Pace RC200 build

Thats plan b if the sharpie looks crap when it has dried- I've a headset that could use a spray with that stuff too so will see... pics tomorrow! The sharpie has been great as a scratch remover BTW. Good old aluminium!

Yes i was wondering just how well the Sharpie will work hence why i mentioned the paint although tbh i do have a small tin of Humbrol in the same colour but i wouldn't want to send it to you as i've had it a long time so it's probably gone rusty inside the tin by now :facepalm: ..

Ha! First impressions of the sharpie were that it was fine from a distance and less than perfect close up- I'll take a pic later once dry. Colour matches pretty well though proper paint would no doubt be better.

Incidentally that plastic seat that arrived the wrong colour matches up a charm! Was going to be red, black and yellow build- might do away with the yellow.

Hmm! that sharpie might be okay with a second going over but i wasn't sure wether it would cover the silver at all depending on how smooth a finish it was but even though as you say the sharpie has an uneven finish but at least it look's promising so far so you may not need the paint with a second going over ..

Ah yes! that plastic which i had forgotten about but apparently you've remembered it and tried it so it's now looking good eh Excellent !! although i liked the yellow but you can't use both unfortunately ;( ..

Here we go- can see the nib lines close up but fine from a distance:

2016-10-08_10-32-56 by sonofprent, on Flickr

I'll pick up some of that stuff you mentioned if I ever switch the zaskar over to a threaded headset.

Seat colour will depend on which pedals I use... Original plan was yellow seat, grips and pedals. More recently I'm thinking combinations of red and black might be better. Will try the yellow first...

Now that look's pretty darn good even if you can see nib lines .

Yes i'd pick some of that paint up if you do go threaded headset on the Zaskar as it would look really smart ..

It's a wise choice to try the yellow theme 1st seen as that's mainly what you've got in part's and red and black alway's go well together even if that combination is a well used one it alway's look's good imho but will see what impression the yellow leave's on you 1st ..

The yellow will work but will be a little loud. Will see. Not sure what to do with the decals on this- they are in reasonable condition, though I've a soft spot for the handwritten style 200 decals. Tempted to remove these and either add those or keep bare. Will think on that- I suppose it's also nice to have the originals.

Well i have to agree the yellow will seem a bit loud although i do feel the colour of the frame will help carry it off so to speak ..

As for the decals i do like thou sound of the hand written ones but i also think the original's look really good so for that reason alone i'd leave the original's on but it's your choice at the end of the day and you can only decide on your preference by visualising the hand written one's on the frame ..

Back