tIB's Custom Pace RC300 build

Yes i know and understand the temptation to move on with build's can be rather great at times and i know what it's like to go from to working bikes to no working bikes and all because of a greater project/s and the last time that happend it was 3 months before i had a usable bike :facepalm: although when i got my Rock rider 2 years ago all it needed was two new wheels and a pair of fork's and surprise to say it's just a frame with the original knackered forks and a BB stuck in the shed :oops: ..

The red 200 will make an excellent road bike with it's really stiff frame and amazing look's and yes i agree that this one will make for a nice XC but that's only going off it's look's and your comment's as i've never sampled the delight's of these bikes :oops: ..

Maxlight , Zaskar or Orange ouch! now that's a tuff choice and tbh only your riding experience can help you choose as i like the look's of all of them and have no riding experience of any :( ..

They're all great bikes so whatever happens it will be a good result. So far neither the orange or the zaskar has sold so we'll see- the longer I go without selling anything the less I'll have to as well. The P7 probably rides the best out of the lot of them, though that's the one I'm currently trying to shift first.

Tempted to put some proper suspension on the maxlight and have that as an option- road 200, rigid xc 300 and bouncy maxlight. I'm kind of tempted to take the zaskar in a slightly different direction too - basically I'm being really greedy!

Let's face it mate deep down your just hope no one want's to buy any of them so you'll get to keep them which is understandable as they all look great tbh even if your MRs isn't a fan of the Zaskar i still think it look's damn cool and tbh if i hadn't been rather skint and already have a full shed with no other storage space then i'd of had that off you ..

Yes i remember a wee while ago saying you were thinking of getting rid of the P7 as you'd basically had one for along time so you'd already fulfilled that wish of owning one so i understand why you'd want to sell that one 1st even if it is the best rider out of all of them ..

I actually think the maxlight would make an excellent optional XC bike .
As for the 200/300 i think either of them would do well as XC or rigid but i suspect the 200 would probably make a better rigid even though i've never ridden one it's just a vibe i'm picking up i guess ..

The Zaskar just scream's Race bike to me due to the lightish yet very stiff frame which to me comes across as fast light trailor or road so maybe a cyclo cross style incarnation would be the order of the day ;) ..

The maxlight is great- weight wise it's similar to the paces... and I've a thing for ally and carbon mixed frames.

The zaskar for me is big boy bmx- it's quite a bit heavier than the other ones (not the p7) although that could be down to parts.

Had a P7 for years (and many of the parts on that one since the mid 90's) so it fits with me, and I waited 20 odd years to finally get the forks on. That said back in the day I lusted over whichever version of the pace was about- square tubing gets me every time!

So yeah, I could live with or without any of those three really!

So initially you don't really know about the true weight of the P7 without stripping it down to the frame but it sound's like the same scenario as my Courier as it is no light weight but the fit is spot on and it's just one of those bike's that you just point and go and regardless of wether it is quick or not it just feel's it and is a real pleasure to ride ..

Yes the Zaskar does remind me of a BMX too with that frame tubing and i just love the style of it ..

Yes i'm guilty of lusting over the boxxy design of the Pace bitd and i still love it now although the ally and carbon mixed frames didn't really float my boat bitd as i hated change back then but now i just love and think it just looks really cool :D ..

So any way in theory because you'd waited so long to get those fork's on the P7 no one would expect you to part with it but basically now you've fulfilled your dream with it so you no longer feel any real need to have to hold onto it except for it feeling like part of you when you go out on a ride so the question is do you still think you'll be really feel happy to part with it ? .

Frame weight is heavier than all of them with the p7, but built up it feels lighter than the zaskar- the weight will be in the wheels on that, so an easy fix if required.

Realistically I could part with any of them- the two paces will provide more than all I need. Could do with balancing the books though, and it's a case of selling until I replace funds by other means. If nothing sells it won't be the end of the world, and I'd most likely run off the same wheelset and switch around that way. Means putting discs on for the maxlight but hey ho, there are worse things to have to do. I might even convert the zaskar to discs... time will tell. As long as I get to ride them all regularly its not an issue really.

I actually was expecting you to say the P7 frame weight was similar to that of the Zaskar even though i know the Zaskar is Aluminium it still looks quite a fairly big frame but as far as the Pace frames go tbh they actually look like they'd be lighter due to their design sue no surprise their really but yes those mag wheels would add a fair chunk of weight to any bike but they still look cool tbh ..

Yes i understand the need to make a sale so you can't afford to be fussy over which actually sell's just as long as you get some fund's back and even though you'd be happy to just keep all the bikes at least selling just one would probably help with storage space when you eventually move home ..

Switching wheelset's around is the cheapest option and is no real hardship i suppose as that's what i'm thinking of doing with mine once i get a couple more projects sorted out ...

If swapping the wheel's from bike to bike means fitting discs to a couple then why not unless it's a cheaper option to get another set of wheels of course and i'm fairly confident you will get round to riding them all at some point although i do suspect you'll have a favourite bike that you'll want to protect from the salt on the roads this winter ..

I think there's 2-300g in the weights of the zaskar and p7 frame, and the same again to the pace and maxlight. It's chunky looking but light- the build is no weenie though.

The p7 remains the one that should go really- maybe the zaskar too. I've also picked up a cheap bb and crankset for the maxlight, which leaves me short of not much at all really- maybe a suitable rear cassette- everything else I have in parts already. I suppose that might sell built up being slightly more modern and reasonably cheap. Who knows!

2-300g weight difference between bikes isn't that much tbh but by the looks of things the maxlight's weight can be improved upon if you wanted too but as i've learn't over the years that lighter parts usually equal weaker and easier to break ..

Selling the P7 and Zaskar would be a shame but they are more common place so i guess that makes them the obvious choice's for selling ..

So have the RC36 stealth forks got the lockout option as that would be ideal for road use on the maxlight ? ..

Back