Specialized Epic Marathon (2006) high spec custom build

jonboy1981

Retro Newbie
Hi,

For sale is my Custom Built Specialized Epic Marathon. The frame has been stripped and resprayed Subaru Impreza black and finished off with a blue fleck laquer. At first glance it looks very dark but in the light you can see the blue showing through, this is noticeable in some of the photos

The Decals have been professionally printed and were added to the bike over the blue fleck laquer and then sprayed with a clear laquer to help protect them.

The Spec on the bike is as follows:-

1. Frame - Specialized Epic Marathon (Recently resprayed and hasn't been ridden since before being stripped and rebuilt)

2. Forks - Rockshox Recon Silver with adjustable travel and lock out (Brand New)

3. Rear Suspension - Fox Float R with Specialized Brain provides Full Suspension when required (Recently Serviced, looks and works like new)

4. Rear Mech - XTR (Brand New)

5. Front Mech - LX Deore (As New, slight mark)

6. Shifters - Shimano SLX (As New)

7. Brakes - Hope C2 (slight marking to chambers which US pictured, these are the ones with tension adjustment on the actual brake)

8. Handlebar and Stem - Specialized Red Stem with Specialized Handlebars (Brand New)

9. Crankset - Raceface Ride XC (Brand New)

10. Pedals - DMR V8 Acid Red (Brand New in Box wil need to be fitted when delivered or collected)

11. Grips - Clarks (Brand New)

12. Seatpost and Saddle - SDG I'Beam (Wear to writing on saddle)

13. Cassette and Chain - SLX (AsNew)

14. Wheels - Ritchey OCR Disc (As New)

15. Tyres - Schwalbe Blackjack 2.1 (Brand New)

16. Inner Tubes - Schwalbe (Brand New)

17. Headset - Hope (Good Condition)

18. Seatpost Clamp - Hope (Good Conditionn)

I changed my job just before I finished the rebuild, and I now don't have the time to use it for what it is designed for, hence why I am selling it. Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the beauty of the beast.

Collection is preferred as would hate for the bike to be damaged in transit, if you opt for delivery then some self assembly will be required.

I have additional photos available if you require them, or if you want any other info then please ask :)

I am contactable in 07501170703 if you want to speak to me directly.

Price £1100, but open to sensible offers :)

Back