TI-Raleigh Team Reissue

My gut reaction is that I love it and I want one. But when I think a bit more carefully, what I actually want is something that looks like that but made from 531 or 753, made in Nottingham rather than the Far East and without the compromised aesthetics that come from anachronistic brifters. So it turns out that the bike I actually love is an original Team replica. Still, I'm glad Raleigh have commissioned it. I just think they're missing a trick. A British built re-creation would be a kudos generating headline grabber. That is just a competent raid on the corporate archives.

dbmtb":29gstojw said:
Look at the pic... it's working fine for me... :D
**Can you get rid of that modern bike picture its ruining this thread as its too big !**

Does anyone remember how much the old Raleigh Centenary cost new ?

At least that was made in Nottingham :roll:

I would rather try and get an original TI Raleigh than that peice of shite and just look at it with those black hubs :oops:

At first glance it looks a decent replica, but as said above I think they've missed an opportunity here. If they really wanted to replicate an iconic 753 TDF winning bike then wouldn't it really have had to have Campag super record 11 and reynolds 853 tubing (I'm not up on the modern gear but isn't that the modern equivalent?)
That would be a lot nearer the mark in my opinion.

I'll still take a 753 Ti any day though ;)

I still say that the Ergos on the Raleigh don't look right on those bars. They don't flow. I guess its the bars being rather traditional( and nice)

I've just seen the actual bike (couldn't do so at work yesterday) and I see what you mean about the price. I can see why they've gone Veloce instead of Super Record - the silver looks better - so that's OK but why the expensive Athena brakes? The wheels are really expensive because of the Record hubs whilst the frame is cheap. Botched is the word here.

I agree too that the Ergos are wrong on a Cinelli 64 'bar, the shape just doesn't suit them. The top of the levers should be flat and you'll never get that on a 64.

Mark.

It's come out wrong. But not as wrong as the new Clubman.

Cynical, and ugly, and why I'm not interested in modern bikes.

Back