Ti on Ti

Huntso":33437lw1 said:
Got some of the Finish line stuff that specifically states it prevents "galling" with Ti
Read that Lynskey reckon just use normal grease and you will be fine

Suppose any metal will seize if neglected, so just use some common sense and all will be fine

Rich, are seriously suggesting that someone on here might have common sense? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yes, that´s how we all ended up with multiple bikes and ebay is probably the second most visited site on our computers! ;)

finish line do a product called ti prep but all it is is moly slips copperslip.

the prosess of ti bonding to ti is called cold welding it happerns with a couple of alloys but ti is the best example for this as it does it the fastest

the other form of metals fusing together is called analytic corrosion this the reaction of dissimilar metals with aluminium and steel when put next to each other touching the metal with the higher spare electron mass will pass this to the metal with the lower electron mass this is passed in a form of electical current as it passes between a corrosion forms on the surface of the metals that binds then together

and you lot thought i was stupid ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i used to be really smart then i joined the navy and now it switchs on and off sometimes

cannondale king":a20o5exv said:
the other form of metals fusing together is called analytic corrosion

Electrolytic corrosion - like occurs between Land Rover door frames (steel) and the door skins (Birmabright, which is an aluminium alloy).

Andy R":2y6mkfva said:
cannondale king":2y6mkfva said:

Electrolytic corrosion - like occurs between Land Rover door frames (steel) and the door skins (Birmabright, which is an aluminium alloy).

thats the one tis was gone midnight when i typed that but you know what i mean :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

send the frame to me and ill test the bugger out for you at all the coffee shops in the area..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rich, are seriously suggesting that someone on here might have common sense? Yes, that´s how we all ended up with multiple bikes and ebay is probably the second most visited site on our computers!

Very good point Paul, still maybe one day, but I doubt it :LOL:

cannondale king":yet5vh81 said:
Andy R":yet5vh81 said:
cannondale king":yet5vh81 said:

thats the one tis was gone midnight when i typed that but you know what i mean :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I sometimes think that analytic corrosion is what my brain's suffering from though, mate :? :? .

Andy R":2en31f5u said:

What's happening inside my Rover's doors is called 'Rust'. :p

utahdog2003":27hvl81v said:
Andy R":27hvl81v said:

What's happening inside my Rover's doors is called 'Rust'. :p

Sure - the door frames just rot away completely at the bottom - cheap enough to replace though :)
The electolytic corrosion shows as bubbling and powdering of the door skins on the outside.

Back