The worst bike on RB?

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2fe9ksx4 said:
If FAG BB is smooth I would leave it in, if not Mole grips should do it ;)

It barely turns. Needs replacing I'd say...

Apart from the BB and headset it's stripped. Only difficult bits were the front mudguard and the lock bracket... hacked 'em off.

Here we go... it's too ugly not to build it up. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF9261[1].jpg
    DSCF9261[1].jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 343

MR OX":2c23mbh9 said:
Another vote for British Eagle, just re-homed a summit which was very similar

I'm inclined to agree. Mainly on the basis that I can't think of another British brand that it looks like... Not a Raleigh, a Dawes or a Falcon I don't think...the details look different, although I've never seen a British built Falcon MTB (do they exist?)

Er... Claud Butler? Townsend?... I think it probably came mainly with Exage (that's what the brakes and hubs are, but I think lots has been replaced) certainly nothing fancy in terms of components...

bluetomgold":yntlh0wn said:
MR OX":yntlh0wn said:

I'm inclined to agree. Mainly on the basis that I can't think of another British brand that it looks like... Not a Raleigh, a Dawes or a Falcon I don't think...the details look different, although I've never seen a British built Falcon MTB (do they exist?)

Er... Claud Butler? Townsend?... I think it probably came mainly with Exage (that's what the brakes and hubs are, but I think lots has been replaced) certainly nothing fancy in terms of components...

I don't think its a Claud. The lugs are very similar to my 501 Sceptre, but the dropouts are nothing like it.

We need LGF, If its any of the above, he will know.

james1985":1v8l1vla said:
bluetomgold":1v8l1vla said:
MR OX":1v8l1vla said:

I don't think its a Claud. The lugs are very similar to my 501 Sceptre, but the dropouts are nothing like it.

We need LGF, If its any of the above, he will know.

Indeed. :|

Re:

Bottom bracket came out easy enough... :)

^^^
This is the rustiest bit on the frame. Will attack it with a wire brush later but I think/hope I'll get away with it...

Headset dismantled but not removed. I think I'll reuse it. Maybe new balls, or maybe just fresh grease. Plan at the moment is to treat the rusty bits with no concession to making it look nice and then build up with ugly/mismatched bits. I'd like to save a bit of weight if possible though... Might go for friction shifting to save a bit of aggro, then I can use whatever wheels/cassette freewheel.

I think it used to be red. And white?

Attachments

• DSCF9270.jpg
    DSCF9270.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF9272.jpg
    DSCF9272.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF9273.jpg
    DSCF9273.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF9274.jpg
    DSCF9274.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 316

kermitgreenkona88":35248f46 said:
So frame off to Mercian for a paint job and start collecting XTR for it then :?: :?: :cool: :LOL:

lol.

Actually it's a good job Armourtex are no longer doing what they used to... otherwise it would have been hard to resist splashing out for a paint job. The thought keeps running through my mind that I don't think I've ever had a green bike. ;)

But seriously... I've got so many surplus bits that just aren't worth selling... I really should use them!

Re:

TBH have a flick through your local yellow pages and see if you have a friendly local powdercoater, I know LSN in Castleford do a cracking job for £40.

kermitgreenkona88":3j3c66ga said:
TBH have a flick through your local yellow pages and see if you have a friendly local powdercoater, I know LSN in Castleford do a cracking job for £40.

Stop it!

Back