The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

thought i'd put this pic of my dog buddy.then when it gets perused and i hear some comments on it ill tell you what camera i used. :xmas-big-grin:

1468627_10151798008762478_1038852340_n.jpg

I went for a quick scout down to Penarth Pier last night, just before the storms hit the south wales coast. I managed to snap a photo of the pier frontage just before the heavens opened. I'll go down there again once the weather has improved to see if I can get some nice photos of the pier/water with a slow shutter speed. The pier has only recently been completely renovated, so it looks stunning :cool:

I also got a quick snap of the Pierhead building in Cardiff Bay on my way into work this morning.

Attachments

• PenarthPier.JPG
    PenarthPier.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC00440(1).JPG
    DSC00440(1).JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 454
The History Man":2oywvw5k said:
Nice, what were you using?

Sony NEX 5N. My first 'proper' camera. I'm still getting used to it (I've only just ventured of Auto mode :oops:). All the different settings aren't quite so scary when you do a little bit of reading up about which setting does what! I'm still very much a learner though.

Nice again! Got a Canon G11 for xmas to compliment my DSLR that i rarely use. Tended to stick with a Ricoh CX2 compact which was a bit limiting. Got a gorrilapod?

The History Man":y5ll7jbt said:
Got a gorrilapod?

It's on my Amazon wish list ;)

I bought the camera second hand and it came with a load of extra kit including a nice tripod (plus a Sigma lens, Sony 18-55 and 55-210mm lenses, HOYA UV and Polarizing filters, Sony Flash unit, hard carry case and other things that I've yet to have a look at!).

A few more.. Most of my photos are taken in/around the Cardiff Bay and Barrage area as that's on my way to/from work :)

Part of the barrage:

Early morning shot of the barrage from the other side of the Bay:

Just liked the patterns ;):

Back