The ultimate Q car?

Its more to do with performance to looks ratio- it looks like a £20k monaro but it ain't. To the man in the street it looks like any other bland saloon based coupe.
This thing would take all the cars listed above, bend their arms behind their backs until they cried, shag their wives and then open another beer before belching in their faces! It is mental. Most of the above have huge wheels sticking out of flared arches too- hardly stealthy.
I don't like modern cars, especially Vauxhalls but this bad mother is making me giggle like a naughty child!

legrandefromage":1v3dpwh1 said:
I'll add the Merc 190 2.3/ 2.5 16v jobbies aswell as these Cosworth badged cars were almost as quick as a 500 SEC or a 560 SEC.

My personal almost 'Q' type was my 1989 560 SEL - the Merc badge at the front was like a gun sight, anything I chose to overtake was lined up, the button under the acclerator pedal was engaged and all hell broke loose as nearly 300 BHP decided it would just go through 1 back wheel.

Didn't the 190 have the big wing?,..or was that just the EVO?

now when we are talking EVO's,... ;)

other stuff:

'street sleepers' - not what you'd expect from a dull looking salloon/ estate

Honda Civic 1.8 VTi estate.

Nissan Bluebird Turbo

Renult 25 Turbo

Renult 21 Turbo

Sierra 2.8 4x4 estate or the GLS saloon

Dr S":o2ju3zug said:
Its more to do with performance to looks ratio- it looks like a £20k monaro but it ain't. To the man in the street it looks like any other bland saloon based coupe.
This thing would take all the cars listed above, bend their arms behind their backs until they cried, shag their wives and then open another beer before belching in their faces! It is mental. Most of the above have huge wheels sticking out of flared arches too- hardly stealthy.
I don't like modern cars, especially Vauxhalls but this bad mother is making me giggle like a naughty child!

you are right,....but the ugly bloke in the text above would not have a chance with my wife ;)
Like it is true that only the inside counts,..that is what all the ugly guys are telling ehhehehehe

legrandefromage":21lsoadx said:
other stuff:

'street sleepers' - not what you'd expect from a dull looking salloon/ estate

Honda Civic 1.8 VTi estate.

Nissan Bluebird Turbo

Renult 25 Turbo

Renult 21 Turbo

Sierra 2.8 4x4 estate or the GLS saloon

M5 estate
2745606301_3c67c33ac1.jpg

and a Q van:

Leyland Sherpa V8

:D :D

The Holden looks obvious. A Volvo T5 looked like a teachers car.

Its not a Vauxhall - its Australian born and bred. The Aussies knew how to build Q cars, they stuck a V8 in wherever it would fit (or not!)

The South African market got some tasty wheat too, V8 Sierra anyone?

I'd say it's Q-esque, though in standard form it's not exactly slow so people are gonna expect it to go quickly anyway.

Here's my Q car example - an Audi S2 Quattro. I say mine because it was actually mine about 2 years ago. Apart from the wheels and the front bumper, neither of which are too ostentatious, it looks like a standard Audi 80. Mine had 260 ish bhp and a 0-60 time in the 5's.

DSC_0301.jpg

Back