The Thrill Of The Hunt

Russell":5qxo0dqj said:
hollister":5qxo0dqj said:
how often do you leave a message before you start being rude........

I find its pretty good form not to be rude at all if they have something that you want :)
agreed. what i meant was, do i call the guy every day, every 2 days...... when does polite enquiry(sp?) become bothersome pest?

The thrill of the hunt... I am slowly collecting parts to build a Dyna Tech Quantum to the spec mine was when it was stolen from me in 1995. Bit by bit it is coming and the fun is finding just the right thing! When the bike is complete it will be awesome to have the bike I miss so much back!

I have been looking for a RTS and a proflex for ages , and they both turned up at the same time .

Proflex is still somewhere on the atlantic .

Considering the amount of shiny stuff in ships on the Atlantic I'm surprised there isn't a thread on the shipping forecast. ;)

Been looking for the right Rockys to turn up for some time. When you finally see something you want, its great!! :D

Now have three on the way :shock:
2x Altitudes, one Vertex Sandium

From Canada (don't ask about the shipping for this :shock: )
From Germany
From France

ooops :oops:

Who knows when any will turn up. That reminds me to reset my sig..

Ultimatum

Took delivery of my Ultimate yesterday (thanks Brooks) - only 17 years after I first decided to buy one - made full advantage of the wife being away on a hen do by unpacking it in the kitchen with a Chimay in my hand!

Already down at the LBS for a BB before entering the sketch up stage - thinking I might go Campy on this one....

Neil

Attachments

• Ultimate 1.JPG
    Ultimate 1.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 898
  • Ultimate 2.JPG
    Ultimate 2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 898
Other Stuff

More bits and bobs that must have floated off the Napoli finally turn up...

'97 period NOS Judy DHOs (from Israel??) - no suitable frame to go on yet.... the Manitou 700c's (seized - thanks mate) arrived too, and a good condition Caratti GT race top (which was the first bit of cycling gear I ever bought (to match the Zaskar) - aaah, the memories come flooding back!

Neil

Attachments

• judy dh 1.jpg
    judy dh 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 857
Lovin the stories on this one, especially clandestine part buying :LOL:

Checked the progress of my Yo and it's in the aether now.. Left Canadian shores and en route to the UK :D :D :D

AND I just bought that Disk Drive from Ebay US too [probably for too much but hey]!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 9011_3.JPG
    9011_3.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 816
  • track_the_fat.gif
    track_the_fat.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 816
spent the whole of xmas waiting for my cross bike to appear from the states, Arrived last week and was built this sat. Definately the thrill of the hunt. Isn't that what all this ebay addiction is pure and simple.

Ebay is like finding hundreds of shiny things cabinets in lbs's all in a row in one town.

Wu-Tangled":esxp4hwy said:
Ebay is like finding hundreds of shiny things cabinets in lbs's all in a row in one town.

we used to call ourselves the Magpies beacuse of our love for shiny things... the best places were in the shiny cabinets in shops such as in Ambleside!

Back