The Rarest of rare?

Re:

My'96 M-Trax Team built for Barrie Clarke & ridden to his 1996 national championship:

DSC_1274.jpg

DSC_1283.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255691

Re: Re:

Gruff":1m1b2478 said:
My Carbolite frame is one of only 3 known so far.

20180621_192007 by Gareth Pavey, on Flickr

And one day (unless I’ve missed it) he’ll do it justice with a good write up, especially as some long haired geezer gave him some good info

Attachments

• 1611F602-3B15-42FE-8B17-2F9D6CE6ED2F.jpeg
    1611F602-3B15-42FE-8B17-2F9D6CE6ED2F.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 638
Re:

My Greg Fuquay FR1, said to be from the 97 London Cycle show. Only ever seen 1 other in existence before... It's also running Zero Components Skewers, I've never ever come across these before (rarer than Ringle ;) ??)

Attachments

• 20180821_130215_resized_1.jpg
    20180821_130215_resized_1.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 615

Retro Spud":d2bzbz8e said:
Gruff":d2bzbz8e said:
My Carbolite frame is one of only 3 known so far.

20180621_192007 by Gareth Pavey, on Flickr

And one day (unless I’ve missed it) he’ll do it justice with a good write up, especially as some long haired geezer gave him some good info

Not yet Nick :oops:

I have lost contact with the guy who knew the maker.
Must try again!

TSC.":js5yleko said:
My'96 M-Trax Team built for Barrie Clarke & ridden to his 1996 national championship:

DSC_1274.jpg

DSC_1283.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255691

Pure thing of beauty this!! Would it be a Torus frame? Have you ever done a write up on it (assuming not as guessing it arrived as it is? Very interested to read up the full spec :)

TOMAS":2es3lmms said:
My Greg Fuquay FR1, said to be from the 97 London Cycle show. Only ever seen 1 other in existence before... It's also running Zero Components Skewers, I've never ever come across these before (rarer than Ringle ;) ??)

That's pretty, what's the difference between an 'FR1' and another TIG'd Fuquay frame? I have 1 and a half sets of those Zero skewers, they are very light!

Rod_Saetan":3m6iswef said:
TOMAS":3m6iswef said:

That's pretty, what's the difference between an 'FR1' and another TIG'd Fuquay frame? I have 1 and a half sets of those Zero skewers, they are very light!

Rod, in honesty I know very little about Fuquay, am I right in thinking that all his frames were bespoke to the buyer or did he do a lot of off-the-shelf stuff? This frame is simply labelled as 'FR1', I am told its from his display at the 1997 London Cycle show by reading through the historical threads on Retrobike and tracing back all the previous owners. It came with a thoroughly stuck seatpost which had to be removed, I bought it simply because it looked well made and I had a thing for purple at the time. If anyone can point me to some info on the man or bikes that were Fuquay then I'd be very grateful, only thing i've found is a few scanned mag clippings online.

Cool on the Zero Skewers, I haven't seen another bike with them, they came off a £60 Gumtree 'mega find' from earlier this year that yielded Titanium XLite Bars, Syncros Stem, Hope TiGlides and Campag Record OR stuff :)

TOMAS":3npvnemm said:
Pure thing of beauty this!! Would it be a Torus frame? Have you ever done a write up on it (assuming not as guessing it arrived as it is? Very interested to read up the full spec :)

There is a write up here from a few years ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255691

It's listed as an M-Trax, but also has a Torus decal on the seatstay.

It's not as tidy now, but still original, still getting raced until a few years ago and used regularly these days for rides.

Back