The PreciRay wheel jig has been over haul

For off the peg and value for money the ts2 with a dial gauge kit is the better choice centiamaster make a very good jig that is all about function over form and preciray for rock solid but second hand never new as like the P&K lie they are both over priced for the engineering time that goes into making them at £1200 plus what ever it was I could make two with guages and have change.

Re:

Whoah...nice job.
I learnt to build on one of those...albeit not so minty...in a shop circa 1989...took a while but the satisfaction never ends when you ride your own hoops...sweet as.

Re:

Great work on that stand. Amazing attention to detail, it looks even better than original condition.

The community bike workshop I volunteer at has just been donated an old one of those and I'll be renovating it soon - not to your level. Looking forward to using it.

Re: Re:

gerryattrick":1mbwn6q2 said:
Great work on that stand. Amazing attention to detail, it looks even better than original condition.

The community bike workshop I volunteer at has just been donated an old one of those and I'll be renovating it soon - not to your level. Looking forward to using it.

Gets some pics up dude

Re:

Here it is. Pics not very good as my phone camera skills are rubbish. As you can see a lot of work needed, primarily cleaning, a bit of rust removal and some light oiling, but it does work OK.

Attachments

• Preciray3.jpg
    Preciray3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 602
  • Preciray2.jpg
    Preciray2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 602
  • Preciray1.jpg
    Preciray1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 602
Re:

This was my "go to" choice of truing stand when I opened my shop.

Interested to see how you do the gauges - and might even be interested in buying one from you!

Back