The PreciRay wheel jig has been over haul

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Evening all after not ending up selling my PreciRay wheel jig last year I decided to give her an overhaul as the workshop now has a space for her. So after years of neglect I spent the best part of a day stripping her down which was no easy feat with locking taper locating pins hidden in the base well after stripping she went off for gritting masking and spraying in gloss white, when she returned all nice and white I decided on changing a lot of the parts out for brass including the old alu indicator plate. It took 38hrs of machine time ish to make all the brass parts as the knurling on the locking bolts took ages to do on the lathe to make sure its perfect. Well have a look pic's here as she's done now guys and girls :D

http://s957.photobucket.com/user/cannon ... heel%20jig

Cheers dude, I've also made another plate in brass with the Preciray logo through the middle that i'm kitting out with dial gauges will add more pic's as soon as I've done.

dyna-ti":2yt9f9r4 said:
Is these tension machines a better deal that the standard dial to rim :?

It holds the wheel a hell of a lot former in place than the parks ts2 I have and on par with the P&K lie one I have too. I had a second plate engraved with just the preciray logo on that I'm going to mount dial gauges onto so will be just as accurate as the P&K lie but more user friendly as well so I can sit on the sofa in the customer bit of the workshop and build wheels and watch the cycling on tv at the same time ;)

haggis":3ejwb8zv said:
Nice jig but where did you get the Tange stem?
I got it from the supplier as they were clearing all there tange stock due to them being overly expensive with long lead times and lacking in quality with some of the parts hub joy can still get bits if you wanted one drop them a mail there really helpful guys there.

To be fair the P&K lie is over priced and no better than park ts2 in terms of cost to quality it looks the part and the guages are ok at best. If I had the choice to buy again I would save my money fact, it's a metrosexual jig with fixie skinny jeans and old Ralpha cap on.

Back