The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, some advice please.

I have an almost mint Proflex 757 on here and I was wondering what it is worth.

Not had an interest but so guess it priced too high.

Here it is for pics:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278903

I am open to bartering but dare I ask what it's worth?

Thanks
SAVAGE

What would people value a pair of avid ultimate leavers at? mint with no scratches just a bit of work required to the cable hook inside.

Cheers

Here's one that'll make you salivate :D

A nickel-plated NOS never ridden Sunn Vertik II from 1998 that has stood in the back of a LBS waiting for someone to love it. SRAM ESP 7.0 derallieurs, Avid V's, OBSYS bouncy stick, the lot. Just want to know how much you reckon it's worth (should I thrash it or keep it as a garage queen)? :D

JOUcI8h.jpg

SavagePower":mrgxe65z said:

Here it is for pics:

Thanks
SAVAGE

They dont seem to make much complete, which is weird, but always seem to sell well as frame and forks if that makes sense.

I don't think you are miles off, I would have said about £250, might just be a case of waiting for a buyer. Larger frames are obviously a little less in demand.

henristig":jxrb8vp7 said:

I will soon have a nickel-plated NOS never ridden Sunn Vertik II from 1998 that has stood in the back of a LBS waiting for someone to love it. SRAM ESP 7.0 derallieurs, Avid V's, OBSYS bouncy stick, the lot. (you'll find a brochure scan here http://www.le-jurassien.com/sunn/catalo ... mmes98.php) Just want to know how much you reckon it's worth (should I thrash it or keep it as a garage queen)? :D

Dont see the point of looking at bikes, ride it.

How much are they after for it?

I'd guess about £200-250. Thing with Sunn is that they are criminally underrated, so despite being a great frame, doubt it will bring in the big bucks.

coomber":1k94fmr6 said:
henristig":1k94fmr6 said:

I will soon have a nickel-plated NOS never ridden Sunn Vertik II from 1998 that has stood in the back of a LBS waiting for someone to love it. SRAM ESP 7.0 derallieurs, Avid V's, OBSYS bouncy stick, the lot. (you'll find a brochure scan here http://www.le-jurassien.com/sunn/catalo ... mmes98.php) Just want to know how much you reckon it's worth (should I thrash it or keep it as a garage queen)? :D

Dont see the point of looking at bikes, ride it.

How much are they after for it?

I'd guess about £200-250. Thing with Sunn is that they are criminally underrated, so despite being a great frame, doubt it will bring in the big bucks.

They're actually asking £420 for it, which I think is a bit optimistic. But I think deep down they'll be happy to get rid of the thing for a wee bit less. I will call them today and see if I can haggle a bit :D

EDIT: The price is apparently carved in stone. Now it's just a question of "should I?"

If you like it buy it. It's really nice if you ask me. But I would factor in that you would get a lot nearer my estimation if you decide you want to pass it on. But if you plan to keep it long term, that's in perspective, not a great deal.

Some bike shops seem to think that the retro thing means increased money, but in reality, it doesn't always. Fact they havent sold it yet shows that they obviously havent had an offer that they think was worthwhile. If £420 was there price I am sure a few would be put off, but at the end of the day its your money, do as you wish.

Hi everyone , i am looking for some advice on my 99 kona stinky . I got it new when i was 19 but did not ride it much as i discovered going out and bikes took a back seat for a few years . It sat in my mums loft for about 11 years till she forced back on me ( i resisted as in the mean time i had got back into riding and the garage was filling up with bikes anyway ) , so enough of my life story i suppose what i want to know is what would be a proper price to put it up for sale on here ?
here are some pics

2vkdzwx.jpg

2ywhah2.jpg

Many thanks

coomber":3m8kadt6 said:
SavagePower":3m8kadt6 said:

Here it is for pics:

Thanks
SAVAGE

They dont seem to make much complete, which is weird, but always seem to sell well as frame and forks if that makes sense.

I don't think you are miles off, I would have said about £250, might just be a case of waiting for a buyer. Larger frames are obviously a little less in demand.

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back