The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeking out some opinions on the value of my '93 KHS Montana Pro. I've owned it since about '96, during which time it has been my wife's bike and hasn't had a great deal of use. It has a lot of original componentry:

XT cranks
XT mechs & shifters
XT cantis & levers
XT hubs (but laced to non-standard mavic rims)
KHS (spinner) rigid forks

And the following non original bits:
Unbranded seatpost & stem
Orange HotRod bars
DX flat pedals

Frame is a 17", has quite a few chips from over the years but no obvious rust, think I've even got the original bottle of touch up paint but it's probably dried up by now! Can get a pic on here later if need be...

nre":p8q3t5mw said:
Just seeking out some opinions on the value of my '93 KHS Montana Pro. I've owned it since about '96, during which time it has been my wife's bike and hasn't had a great deal of use. It has a lot of original componentry:

XT cranks
XT mechs & shifters
XT cantis & levers
XT hubs (but laced to non-standard mavic rims)
KHS (spinner) rigid forks

And the following non original bits:
Unbranded seatpost & stem
Orange HotRod bars
DX flat pedals

Frame is a 17", has quite a few chips from over the years but no obvious rust, think I've even got the original bottle of touch up paint but it's probably dried up by now! Can get a pic on here later if need be...

Any pictures?
Unfortunately, while perfectly good bikes, they aren't very popular these days

I've got a 1999 kona nunu frame sat in the loft, in pretty good condition appart from a bit of decal damage on one side off the top tube. It's a 19 inch.

Is it's worth anything, or is it too new to new retro ?

I have a soft spot for those KHSes, good job that one's too small for me :)

I can't believe I'm contemplating it, but I'm thinking of selling this (in bits):

It's a 1995 Kilauea. I've seen frames anywhere between £80 and £150 depending on condition, but I'm not sure whether the fact that this one's modded (track ends for singlespeediness, no gear cable stops for the same reason, extra stop on top tube for V-brakes) makes it worth less? Or possibly more? ;)

MikeD":2wqzmuud said:
I have a soft spot for those KHSes, good job that one's too small for me :)

I can't believe I'm contemplating it, but I'm thinking of selling this (in bits):

It's a 1995 Kilauea. I've seen frames anywhere between £80 and £150 depending on condition, but I'm not sure whether the fact that this one's modded (track ends for singlespeediness, no gear cable stops for the same reason, extra stop on top tube for V-brakes) makes it worth less? Or possibly more? ;)

Probably less, as anyone wanting that age Kilauea will want gears on it. Anything non-original will be worth less. You would probably get £80 for it (frame only) though, it's worth that.

Re: carrera fury

Rob Atkin":10nixjcr said:
lowe1677":10nixjcr said:
anybody know how much this is worth?

What is it? Spec as well will help.
carrera fury
27 speed ,shimano disc 16 spoke wh-m575 rims
manituo magnum r forks
deore brake levers and gear shifters
tektro calipers
suntour apv47 crank
deore front and rear mechs/derailleurs
alloy frame sanded down to the bare alloy
tioga stem and marin handlebars

Re: carrera fury

lowe1677":10jwbnbh said:
Rob Atkin":10jwbnbh said:
lowe1677":10jwbnbh said:
anybody know how much this is worth?

What is it? Spec as well will help.
carrera fury
27 speed ,shimano disc 16 spoke wh-m575 rims
manituo magnum r forks
deore brake levers and gear shifters
tektro calipers
suntour apv47 crank
deore front and rear mechs/derailleurs
alloy frame sanded down to the bare alloy
tioga stem and marin handlebars

Unfortunately probably not worth loads. Some individual nice bits (wheels, possibly forks) so may be worth splitting but the bits may not sell easily. I'd think £60-80? Others may disagree and will depend on getting the right buyer, someone may really want it and may pay a bit more?

Might be worth putting it on ebay with a BIN price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back