The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

I only found this thread today!

Can anyone in Canada tell me how I'm going to get two frames, two forks, hubs, bars and some other odds and ends into the UK without bankrupting me?

I bought the bikes before brexit and covid and you know the rest of this story...

Any leads or information or assistance greatly greatly greatly appreciated and may receive a proportional reward such as zoom call personalized dance choreography, a crud catcher in ANY colour or a bespoke knitted fungus.

Are they used? Do import charges even apply in that case?🤔
And also, isn't there a tax free threshold below which customs duty does not apply?
I am interested in the bespoke knitted fungus.

Are they used? Do import charges even apply in that case?🤔
And also, isn't there a tax free threshold below which customs duty does not apply?
I am interested in the bespoke knitted fungus.

Used, yes. I paid tax on eBay. EBay surmised the parcel would be shipped to UK. I asked the shop to post to a local friend.

Said friend has been busy building his house and chicken coops. I told him the immortal words "no rush, just whenever you folks get settled is fine".

He said he would take the box on a plane next time he was in the motherland. Then lockdown happened and he hasn't been back in the UK.

He's probably getting sick of the sight of the boxes and I'm getting melancholic, boo hoo.

If we end up posting from Canada to Scotland, the box would need to contain two 17/18" frames, rockshox, tange forks, hubset, decals, cantilevers, flatbar, crankset.

It'd be a "used bicycle parts from a friend for hobby" type of designation.

How much is too much to pay for any form of courier be it sea or air freight?!

Latest posts

Back