The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

oliverrr":tmuzmztf said:
Hey guys! Hopefully it's the right topic.

Does anyone have personal experience or can refer to some guidance regarding ordering bike parts from UK to EU whilst the post-Brexit situation going on? In detail I'm interested about ordering used and retro parts from other people, not new stuff from companies.

I checked out some regulation regarding the object codes and declaring the goods but I'm not too certain I can handle all this required bureaucracy too well without the fear of getting my styff stuck in customs office.

All help is much appreciated!

If you do work it out, can you let the British government know. :D

More seriously though, it’s going to take a while for people to get it understood. Companies are still finding it out, so for individuals it may take a bit longer.

Can anyone in the USA help me with buying a component then ship it on to me in the UK?

This post is a little "dead", but....
Any interesting way to send products from the UK to Spain? (I am the buyer)

This post is a little "dead", but....
Any interesting way to send products from the UK to Spain? (I am the buyer)
I use Royal Mail to send stuff to Madrid. Since Brexit, costs and time taken have risen and the receiver usually incurs handling fees. That also applies to other couriers.

There's a bike I'd like to buy in Telford (near Birmingham, UK) and the sell won't post it, so would anybody in the area be able to collect it, box it up and post it to me (I'm in Surrey); there's £100 in it for them. It may not sound like a particularly bad drive, but it is a 6hr+ round trip for me, and I just don't have the time before it most likely sells. I would also be able to offer the same service for you, or pay it forward. Thank you

Does anyone know of a reliable and sensibly priced (UPS quoted £500!) shipping company to send a bike from Italy to another EU country (Sweden)?
The seller will pack but requests that I organise the shipping, he doesn't trust local companies.
Cheers 🙂

Try Pack and Send.
Used them to ship a guitar amp to Chicago.

Parcel costs are determined by volumetric dimensions by most companies. The bike might be light but the box is big🤷🏼‍♂️

Latest posts

Back