The Official MM 2009 Aftermath Thread

Can we post the commercial galleries here if anyone comes across them - Im hunting for my night time riding pic (a few flashes went off in the dark).

So far no luck :(

(I was too quick)

sinnett177":3ret0mx0 said:
my favourite of the weekend directed at me on my Raleigh in my Raleigh riding gear "It's David Baker, he's let his conditioning go hasn't he!"

LOL...!

Mr K

Attachments

• Chips - Food of Champions.jpg
    Chips - Food of Champions.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,773
We managed 23 laps , but could be 22 on the official result as one transponder decided to stay in bed for an extra hour sunday morning . :LOL:

Well I must say what an enjoyable weekend it was! :D

It was nice to catch up with the usual suspects and to meet new Retrobikers and put faces to usernames.

Having competed/completed numerous 24 hours races I thought it would be nice to give the casual 10 man team a go this year and it was a joy :D – I hope that if it was your first outing at 24 hour racing that you enjoyed it – I certainly did!

Highlights of the weekend from my point of view were:

Heathy arriving on site and promptly getting his Transit stuck :LOL:
Mr K coming to my rescue while trying to ‘pitch a tent’ during a force 9! :oops:
Heathy managing to flatten the battery on the Transit and needing a jump-start – I told you, you didn’t need the 12v hair straighteners this weekend! :twisted:
The ‘Mighty Birdman’ and his pink sock/sweatband combo – quality Matt.
Superstrong – QUALITY!!!- what a performance and a real talking point of the weekend. :cool:
Jezzer at the evening changeover – I wish everyone could have seen the speed that he sprinted into the corral – just like a full on pro rider who needed every second – nice one Jez! :shock:
The faces and annoyance of people that were being passed by a rigid retro bike – especially on the downhills! :LOL:
Mr Edwards – my hat comes off to you Sir for your efforts. :!:
The wonderful support from fellow Retrobikers on my first lap on the Kenda Climb and the ‘Shute’ decent – The decent ‘focused the mind and chamois’ in equal measure! :shock:

I would like to say a big thank you to my ‘Skipper’, Mr K – this bloke is far too nice for his own good when you consider that his first lap was at the ungodly hour of 3am – I still feel rather embarrassed at sending you out at that time Sir…………you are a true gent!!! :oops: :oops:

And Max, you are NEVER too old to race and I will be very upset if you are not on the rider line-up next year. :!:

Thank you all for making it a truly enjoyable weekend!

mm09

what a cracking weekend was good to see every body again and meet even more ,was great course apart from kenda climb [imho]
the quote of the weekend that i heard was at about 8.30 sunday morning was "this lap i am going to have to do it standing up .....its bleeding" whilst down at the changeover. so many good memorys cant wait till next year .cheers once again guys

right i have just finished loading the pics to facebook, loads from the stand coz i wanted to get pics of all the bikes and quite a few good ones of various riders, loads of ed, some of birdman (but i didn't realise that was you!) steve psd, mck, superstrong, and a few more, feel free to add me if you want but if you do make sure you send a message aswel coz at the moment i only remember forum names!!!!!! :LOL:

loving all the stories so far, best quote i heard was still from heathy,"GO ON THE BEARD!!!" :LOL: i pissed myself with that one!!

most impressed with ededwards and superstrong both tie for retrobike bloke of the weekend!!
:D

i'll say it again as i've have said to others, i have never met a better bunch of guys, everyone of you was a gent! :D

so who's up for next year?! ;)

here's the pic link! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 7d324f1008

Back