The mysteries of Paypal

ededwards":3t7us2rg said:
JeRkY":3t7us2rg said:
Gift payment does charge the sender, it doesnt charge the person recieveing it ...which the normal route does.

Strange, I've never been charged for a Gift.

This must be related to having a verified current account set up with Paypal i.e. Where they pay small amounts of cash in to your account with a code on the transaction ID which you verify to confirm the account is yours.

Is it the case that Gifts from verified current accounts and Paypal balances are free and those from Credit Cards and Unverified accounts are charged?

BACS charges depends on your bank and their relationship with the receiving bank.

Tallpaul":fhkh20pq said:
ededwards":fhkh20pq said:
JeRkY":fhkh20pq said:
Gift payment does charge the sender, it doesnt charge the person recieveing it ...which the normal route does.

Strange, I've never been charged for a Gift.

This must be related to having a verified current account set up with Paypal i.e. Where they pay small amounts of cash in to your account with a code on the transaction ID which you verify to confirm the account is yours.

Is it the case that Gifts from verified current accounts and Paypal balances are free and those from Credit Cards and Unverified accounts are charged?

BACS charges depends on your bank and their relationship with the receiving bank.

Yep, that makes sense

Back