The Manitou HT ..Update 10/10/14

Re: The Q! jumper.. Manitou HT ..

Little update on the HT today, had an hour spare so put on a couple of bits I think will work well on this build.

First up I swaped the syncros stem for a shorter KORE in fetching judy yellow, think it ties in with the forks and stickers...

Also added a lovey set of Ritchey forcelite's and a pair of FRM v'brake leavers,not 100% on these yet as I may change to M950 leaver/shifter combo....

Fitted an M950 BB mount front mech and a sexy set of KOOKA cranks, need to do a bit of flatting and polishing on the crank edges but more than presentable I think....

And for me, the sugar in my Tea......

Let me know what you think :cool:

Re:

Mate, its starting to come together nicely.

I love the Kooka's and the splashes of yellow to set the decals off are great.

I would keep the wheels, I think they work well and go with all the other kit.

Re: Re:

Giom6":3vlja9eg said:

Thanks G,
The wheels are staying and deffo going m950 group, im not happy with the stem though, i think its too short, im going to try a proper Manitou stem on it, see what i think.

:cool:

unit3":12q66bvr said:
Giom6":12q66bvr said:

Thanks G,
The wheels are staying and deffo going m950 group, im not happy with the stem though, i think its too short, im going to try a proper Manitou stem on it, see what i think.

Great idea. I was going to throw that in but I wasn't sure if they still used them in 97. Doesn't matter though!

It will look ace - trust me :cool:

Re: The Manitou HT ..Update 24/05/14

Beautiful frame, and splendid setup you have going on! That saddle seems just made to fit :eek:

Re:

This is a going to be a great build. I'm loving the Kooka and that Flite!.

You need either some silver Answer Hyperlites, or a Nice Yellow Answer Taperlite..

passiflora":iiiqhmfm said:
This is a going to be a great build. I'm loving the Kooka and that Flite!.

You need either some silver Answer Hyperlites, or a Nice Yellow Answer Taperlite..

Cheers Nick :)

Yes some silver hypo's would be nice, also want to change the stem as its just not working for me.

P.S package on its way to you ;-)

Niall

Re: The Manitou HT ..Update 24/05/14

Davichin":1ekwsnlr said:
Beautiful frame, and splendid setup you have going on! That saddle seems just made to fit :eek:

Thankyou David :)

Updates coming soon!!!

Niall.

Re:

Here she is, 98% done.

After some things have been stressing me out away from the bike world, I hit the build hard, some time out from day to day crap.

Most of the drive train has been donated by my Orange C16 build (keep an eye out for that update ;) )
Still a couple of bits to change and add as and when I can get the parts (xtr M950 cranks etc) but for the time being its a working ride.

Have changed some bits around since my first couple posts,
Wheels are now 217 ceramics with m950 hubs, tyres are NOS IRC mythosXC's front/rear specific.

XTR m950 brakes and rear mech, shifter and leavers.
Im running custom ceramic coated middleburn cranks with single ring until I can get the m950 cranks.

I was contemplating changing the stem for a longer, lower set up, but after a ride up and down the garden it feels spot on.
What im also super happy with is how pluch the SL's are since I did a rebuild with custom spring/damper internals I put together. Im still looking for a V-brake specific brace for these.

Anyway here's some pictures, let me know what you think :cool:

Back