The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

Re:

Thanks, and thanks for the info. Love the looks of it, must get it all wired back up soon, it sounded gorgeous when I heard it before we disconnected everything! (The customer very kindly taped and marked everything, so I've no excuse)

He's my old boss from when I worked in the cycle industry, I now do the gardening for him and his wife...it was seeing a Kona in the workshop in 1997 that started this whole 'retro' thing in the first place with me.

This is the voice of the mysterons..............

Had a really lovely few hours absorbed in fiddlery.

And then there were two.....

Returned to standard spec rp1 and totally pimped but Old School 80s Planar 3.

Rp1 is for sale.

Any ideas on what to do with this behemoth gathering dust in the corner?

I can’t remember the last time I listened to it, in fact I didn’t even realise it was turned on until I took the photo.
Ideally I’d like to get rid of all the separates, keep the turntable and buy a compact all in one box with streaming system; but the turntable has an off board power supply, and separate phono stage with another separate power supply, and then where would I put the turntable if it wasn’t on the rack, in which case I might as well keep the whole lot still.

Attachments

• 5597E161-6FC3-4CCB-BB68-5804D425ECA5.jpeg
    5597E161-6FC3-4CCB-BB68-5804D425ECA5.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 654
Just throw that in there why don't you!!!!! :p

Why not just buy a Bluetooth dongle and stream from your phone? The one box solutions can sound a bit cack when compared to what you have there. You'll miss it when its gone.

Back