The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

That would be me! I was going to post them but forgot. If anyone needs full size detailed scans of these I have two NOS sets I can scan and email :D

Just waiting on some old LTS DH decals which have the same font and colour scheme as an STS 1.. I will post when I can as I'm sure they can be edited and reprinted to say STS.

STS-2

I have a '97 STS-2, with SPIN wheels. Is anyone aware of whether there would be much of a market out there for these bikes among enthusiasts? What price range do you think such a bike could achieve?

Re: STS-2

hypersonicaz":2x0rpvuv said:
I have a '97 STS-2, with SPIN wheels. Is anyone aware of whether there would be much of a market out there for these bikes among enthusiasts? What price range do you think such a bike could achieve?

$2

I have just come across this thread whilst scouring the web for decals,how can I contact this Gil-m?Here is my STS-DH,not sure if it is 97 or 98.Set up more for general riding now,really needs new decals to finish it off,I lose more bits every time I hose it down.

sts dh

some questions, where can i get that air shock setup? Also want to fit a clean looking I:S rear disc mount. I have found a small crack along the seem on the rear on the aluminum block which houses the BB and chainstay pivot, can this be repaired with out damaging the thermoplastic?

Rib
The Fox shock on my STS-DS is a one off :( If the BB shell is cracked it's going to require a major repair it might well be beyond repair. Post a pic up of the damage and lets have a look. For a rear disc mount it all depends on what your rear dropouts are like. If there are mounting holes present you could try something like this

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... isc+Mounts

Email the Guys at BETD and they'll point you in the right direction. If not it's either an A2Z adaptor, Torque Bar or off to the welders BUT I wouldn't bother spending any money until you get that crack sorted.

Ade00000
Just PM Gil_m via Retrobike

hypersonicaz
Get an idea off ebay or post in 'How Much is my XYZ worth' thread. Please don't ask on here :(

hey guys. new to this so help would be muchly appreciated :)
got '97 sts 1 recently, and after loads of cleaning and few new parts it is an awesome ride! :D
but there are still a few lil niggles..
top linkage is a bit loose and wobbly, think it needs new bushings. can you buy JUST the bushings by themselves??
also the bottom linkage needs tightening ALL THE TIME, which is just annoying and surely can't be right. :? I have replaced the bushings and O-ring rubber weather seals.
cheers :)

Attachments

• _DSC7175 in.jpg
    _DSC7175 in.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 5,083

Latest posts

Back