The final straw - The return

Re:

Ooh good, fingers crossed here then Ken, keep us posted won't you :D

Re:

You have the option to attend not compulsory but being there helps. You'll probably not have to, I didn't as they'll probably be done for handling stolen goods, a slap and do helpful community things for a while.
Did you log it as stolen (burglery, trespass & theft, something else I forget which if it was locked in a shed but not a house. Some technical law name) when it first was.

Anyway that's only if they have a link to the actual people, if he's innocently bought it then he may be let off as not really his fault.

Re:

According to what I've been told they've got the Gumtree seller who gave them the name and address of the person they bought it off, so they've gone back over a few of the people who've handled it, whether they get all the way back to the original thief is another thing, I hope they do.
As for attending court I'm not worried in the least, they entered my property over a 6 ft fence and broke into my garage to steal my property, if they put as much effort into finding employment and buying their own bikes the world would be a happier place.I hope one day these people have something in their lives that they have become attached to and wake up one day to find it gone, hopefully then they'll understand the misery they cause.
I'll update as I find out more.

There's no reason the bike shouldn't be returned to you if you sign a statement to confirm it is your bike and you will keep it available for production in court if necessary. The beaks much prefer photographs to dirty great bikes being touted around their court room.

Back