The final straw - The return

Fantastic stuff! Kinda never expect this to happen, so happy that it did, great work Detective Spudly!

Re:

A slice of good news!

I read but didn't comment on the original 'last straw' thread but, i scour carboot sales for old motorbike lock chains and various other locks, like £2 sort of money. Then find a way to secure the lock. I drilled two holes 6" apart in the shed wall, then feed the chain out and back in. Then, round your bike. Unless they turn up with a plasma cutter the bike ain't going anywhere.

Just one of my suggestions, there are several ways of securing stuff.

Anyway, keep it up ken, you like your bikes and nobody(scum) should kill that passion.

cheers!

Re:

When the theft happened was a low point for me, I've ridden a bike for as long as I can remember but the thought of some scumbag poking around your gear is not only worrying but infuriating in the fact that we all know lots of bikes are taken and sold on for peanuts with no thought of sentimental value, if it hadn't have been for Retrobike members given sound advice and encouragement I'd have probably sold the lot and used the car more, I don't post that much but log on everyday and will continue to do so for as long as I can, helping wherever I can, to me there's no better place.

Re:

Well done Spud great work there :D

Ken I hope this rejuvenates your biking spirit it would be great to have you out riding with us sometime soon!

Re:

Good work spudly , nice to hear a happy ending to this sorry tale . Wonder how the new 'owner' would have reacted had he seen another d lock securing the bike in place :D
Hope you get it back soon ;)

Mike

Re:

I have to go to the local police station this Friday for an "interview" to see if I still want to log it as a theft, if i do i may have to attend court ( why i don't know, the bike was stolen) also I need take photos and anything else I may have to confirm its mine, hopefully they'll let me being it home after that.
Fingers crossed :D

Back