the ''enrgy' drinks industry

Would like to see the methodology. Is there a journal article etc?

Very interesting.

As anyone had the Thai red bull syrup? That stuff is officially mental. I had some when I was trying to wake up from a big night out and I had to work in the pub. I had a capful and shook uncontrollably for the next two hours....

TheGreenRabbit":otimrd0i said:
I'm only a tiny business but at least I'm resting easier

I am glad you are doing so well as a tiny business you can turn down business, did you tell them why you would not hire to them ?

I set out from the start to be as environmentally friendly as possible, max waste recycling or upcycling (tyres made into doormats, knackered bike frames are passed to a friend that makes garden gates out of them)) using eco friendly (and bike mechanic health friendly) bike care/lube products, right down to veg based inks on my re-cycled paper leaflets (even the printer produces his own electric for his business). Oh and of course decent retro bike hire or new bikes from companies that have a good record i.e. Kona.
I have built up a good client base that on the whole choose me because of this reason and my honesty, that is my core product and by taking on a short term contract to supply bikes to a corporation that really doesn't give a flying dodo undoes all the bloody hardwork and dilutes if not destroys the wholistic product. the suggested routes that i give hirees are carefully thought out to give visiting people a chance to see the incredible biodiversity that exists down here as well as increasing passing trade to the more out of the way businesses.

I am all about getting people to slow down, take stock, value the more straightforward, and spending time with friends and family having fun. I have had very good feedback with clients as far away as Finland.

yeah, the business is tiny and I would be better selling coffee but I enjoy it and I like my tinpot shop, most of the world runs out of tinpot businesses. My previous sea career meant that I had regular dealings with massive corporations and nations, tbh most are complete aholes who are bottomfeeders with an ego complex with no sense of morality. But I did learn something 'do something good no matter how small and someone will appreciate it, or at least try'

AND yes I told them exactly why I wasn't hiring to them in a polite manner with a fully informed reason with a high degree of knowledge, she was still bloody rude but vaguely worried. ;) ;)

Each to their own but I'd be squeezing them for every penny, likewise any of the brands on the bad (or good) list. Their money's no dirtier than anyone else's and they've got more of it than most.

Unless they're involved in drugs or whores I can't see any reason to take a moral high ground.

Back